FF bad guy

:fungah: > everyone. Everyone. EVERYONE!! EVERYONE!!!

Originally posted by PanamaJack
WAIT a second. You’re new and you DON’T like Sephiroth? That’s never happened before…

And it’s happening again, because I am new here, and I personally think that Sephiroth is the most boring, lame, uninspired, cliched, and incredibly overrated villain in the history of RPG villains. For chrissakes, Garland (FF1, not 9) was a better villain than that hack Sephiroth.

As far as favorite FF villains go though…I love Kefka, but I’m going with Kuja. Marilyn Manson’s the only other person I hate who looks that much like a woman.

Yeah down with Sephiroth! only joking he was ok but not the best.

Yes! So I’m not alone in thinking Kefka’s the best villain, neat :slight_smile: Sephiroth was cool, too, but the ridiculous hype is just annoying:moogle: :wave: :fungah:

:moogle:Easily Sephiroth I mean he nearly destroys the planet. :moogle:

and Kefka doesn’t?

Joy, a Sephiroth fanboy. The ultimate villain is the one who succeeds, not necessarily the guy with the biggest sword. There’s something wrong with attractive young people being the greatest evil; not that they can’t be evil, but that they could be more evil than everything else.

I say team up Kefka garland and pirate bikke and let them have a go at taking over the world. pheer them. KEFKA IS YOUR GOD :mwahaha:

Uh, Kefka did destroy the world, whereas Sephiroth only came close.

I do not see how this fails to register in some people?

Originally posted by --[Shiver]--
:moogle:Easily Sephiroth I mean he nearly destroys the planet. :moogle:

:thud: … very :thud: .

Sephiroth almost destroyed the world, we know that. But so did a great number of RPG and even non-rpg villians! Kefka disrupted the planet’s balance, causing it to decay and die. The Lucavi in FFT caused 2 Ivalice-wide wars, killing hundreds of thousands of people. Kuja was RIGHT IN FRONT of the crystal that held the world together, and he could have shattered the thing. Dark Cloud almost had the world destroyed! Exdeath pretty much did! And if you are into other series, Dr. Lantis in Star Ocean 2 actually succeeded in wiping out 2 entire planets (one with a rich, 450 million year history) and killed the galaxy’s greatest hero! How’s THAT for a villian?

Let’s seee, one of my favorite Lupin the 3rd quotes goes…

The bad guy says he is going to destroy the world (with some earthquake machine) and then Lupin says, “Have you really thought this plant through ? I mean, where are you going to live ?”

What is it with bad guys that wanna destroy the world ? It’s pointless ! now, a bad guy that just wants to rule the world is easier to understand.

Kefka is by far my favorite FF, they just put him together really well. There was so many reasons to hate him (killing off major characters, etc.), but just the way you could tell he really enjoyed his line of work really defined him as a character.

RaJ Athen is the ultimate bad guy. Destroying an entire castle with just the sound of his voice. WOW. Ohh wait. this is supposed to be FF…

Kefka and Sephiroth have some paralelles. Like, for instance, they both destroyed a main characters town. Both main characters went on to have mental and emotional problems. Chewbacca living on Endor with the Ewoks had something to do with it too. But, wheras Kefka mostly used brute force and some magic. Sephiroth was the better manipulator. Sephiroth used manipulation, whereas Kefka used deception. All in all, they were both good bosses. Even though i like Sephiroth more, Kefka is on my “ressurect just to kill again” list.

Sephiroth is by far the best, from his sword to his manipuliptive
powers.

You do know that sephiroth can’t manipulate a person with an iq of 1 unless they or someone they know has jenova cells in them right?

Sephiroth is my fav. FF bad guy… He’s good looking, he’s a legend amongst SOLDIERs, he’s got this kickass long sword that only he could handle. However, he’s not the baddest FF bad guy out there.

I think Sephiroth is way overated. He’s not even a person in the game, he’s a clone, a clone of about a million of them. His sword was a plus but, I didn’t like his attitude.

Now, Kefka had class. He killed for a reason and then joked about it. He’s one of the few bosses that pissed me off so much that I couldn’t wait to kill him (Kuja is second).

Another plus for kefka is that ff6 was the funniest ff ever.

Sephiroth tried to destroy the world with Meteor.

Kefka actually succeeded.

Kefka didn’t destroy the world he just rearranged it. But he destroyed the world as everyone knew it and took it over.

In the end, Seophiroths plan was the same as what Kefka did. He re-made the world the way hey wanted it. Sephiroth didn’t neccessarily wantt o destroy the world, he wanted to threaten the planet enough that it would defend itsself, then he wanted to absorb the energies at work, thus becoming a god. but you see, Sephiroth wasn’t just a clone. He was the original. Lucrecia was injected with Jenova cells before Sephiroth was born (techinically making her the first sephiroth clone). All the ambition, the evil desire for power, came not from Sephiroth, but from Jenova, the calamty from the skies.

Kefka does have the fire of madness in him, and he makes being a bad guy look fun, at times. He’s too childish to be taken seriously, too dangerous not to. Allthough his betrayal wasnt quite as personal as Sephiroths was, Ghestal was an evil monkey that got what he deserved and more. But, a good point ot bring up was that they both had their minds and bodies scientificially altered at an early age, and resulted with them both becoming evil. I am running out of things to say about either fast, soo, i’m gonna let someone follow up before i comment more.