FANFICTION TIME!

I aim to release the next update at the end of May, after my job’s finished up and I can find some free time. In the mean time, please send me whatever fics you may or may not have. Once again, I’m desperate for content.

And maybe we’ll get bimonthly updates after this. I’ll try my hardest.

Excellent! Now let’s see if I can offer up anything…

shuffling and clanging sounds Dang, this is a lot of Jak and Daxter fics!

Well, I think we should be very careful about WoW fanfiction since there are pretty much only OCs and Sues in those ones (justified by their canon -_- and yes, I know that sounds silly because I’ve got fresh stories like that :P), but I do have a Warcraft fic with only canon characters. It’s between Warcraft 3 and WoW, I’ll leave it up to you if you think that’s RPG enough.

Relief.

And Galloway, I just noticed that the fanfic index looks really screwed up for some reason.

Are original characters bad, if there aren’t any standard, so to say, characters in the game? In the archives there are already “blank slate” fics for Fallout, Progress Quest, Gauntlet and of course the RPGC fics. If the characters are well-developed and they don’t make a mess of the game’s setting, I don’t see a problem.

My point being, your WoW fics are good and put them in.

I could have phrased that better. Original characters aren’t bad as long as they aren’t tipping over in Sue territory. There has been excellent stories posted here and in the archive with more or less only original characters, I just meant that it needs to be done in moderation. Mainly to save Gallo from an onslaught of Sues. :slight_smile:

Ah, I thought you were talking about your WoW fanfics. So, I’ve got this idea about a human child* raised by Orcs, who is the nephew of Arthas and discovers a sword imbued by…

*white hair, purple eyes,

edit: But he has a critical flaw! He’s so handsome he always stands out and he has to repel offers of undying love and find dwelling for his 100 constant followers, loyal and loving to the last!

raises sign saying "The Only Person on the Internet that Hates Jak and Daxter.

But yeah, if it’s alright with you, I’ll add the fic to the update. It’s a strong read, Warcraft is more or less an RPG, and…it’s always nice to have something new from you.

And as for the index, I know its screwed up. Something went wrong when the servers moved; I forgot to change some code or something. I’ll see what I can do in the next update.

Begone, beast! The power of the Peacemaker compels you! KABOOM

>_>

Uuuh, I mean, everyone’s entitled to their opinions. Yeah, that’s it.

:wink:

Glad you like the fic, and good luck with the code. I know your pain, man.

And Rig, I think a direct hit with the Doomhammer would improve that character of yours immensely :smiley:

And Rig, I think a direct hit with the Doomhammer would improve that character of yours immensely :smiley:

You sure? Being hit with signature weapons seems to be the prime time to display latent powers of the character :stuck_out_tongue: “But then, he felt an unknown power coursing through his veins… The half-orc had become Super Sayan 4!”.

I’ll post this now before I edit it to oblivion.

“And then he took off into space to find more powerful opponents than those which the flimzy Azeroth could offer him.”

The saga continues!

Next part: The Twisting Nether :stuck_out_tongue:

Kil’jaeden and (the ghost of) Archimonde were having breakfast in their flaming citadel at the edge of the flaring chasm in the Nether, complaining about their battle wounds and those infernal, pesky inhabitants of Azeroth who just didn’t know when to give up, when they heard a curious sound…

(I still manage to believe this will be both more entertaining and intelligent than, say, that fanfic where Goku fights super saiyan Hitler to save Anne Frank.

… you think I’m kidding?

Pff. Ignorance is truly bliss. So HA! <— WARNING: STUPID TO THE EXTREME. It’s so moronic I can’t even call it tasteless.)

You are just kidding me. I believe Lovecraft has been writing all his life about fanfiction, disguising it in tendrilleds monster, so that his sanity wouldn’t snap.

Okay, I took a small break. Perhaps Warcraft even encourages fanfics of the like, where supernatural horrors sit sipping tea. What makes a bigger impression, Archimonde destroying a castle or “Yes, darkness called, but I wasn’t there”?

P.S. At about that time, the Hero’s (that’s his family name!) trusty gnome sidekick would land next to him, riding an experimental machine that immediately gets destroyed. Aren’t these stubby gnomes hilarious? Tune in next week as the gnome fights a goblin hand to hand, so that the Hero can obtain Kil’Jaeden’s favor!

Bwahaha!

points to sig :slight_smile:
Ain’t kidding. I even gave you a link, to show how much I love ya’ll. At least there isn’t any, erm, intimacy going on in that Goku/Anne fic. As opposed to where this gem is from:

“I am not so easily intimidated by beauty, for I am the very pylon streaking across loveliness’ polychromatic sky!” -Ganondorf… yes, THAT Ganondorf.
How come I can recall that quote by heart but never which Zelda game the fic was based on…?

Okay, I took a small break. Perhaps Warcraft even encourages fanfics of the like, where supernatural horrors sit sipping tea.

I was over at Jing’s a while back and we were fooling around with her model viewer (she still plays WoW while I managed to quit). We found a makrura character named “The Benevolent Mr. Snappercase” (or at least “The Benevolent Mr. Snappersomething”, I forget). Blizzard makes these things all on their own :smiley: I’m not sure if he really exists in the game (can’t find him in WoWwiki, but he was in the model viewer…)

P.S. At about that time, the Hero’s (that’s his family name!) trusty gnome sidekick would land next to him, riding an experimental machine that immediately gets destroyed. Aren’t these stubby gnomes hilarious? Tune in next week as the gnome fights a goblin hand to hand, so that the Hero can obtain Kil’Jaeden’s favor!

But if the Hero’s sidekick is a gnome, wouldn’t that only fuel Kil’jaeden’s hatred against our brave champion? Or was it just his underlings who hated gnomes? Pff, nonsense. NOBODY likes gnomes. They are SCARY.

Hey, congrats on quitting WoW; that must have given you a good willpower bonus. The few times I played I found it slow and wasn’t excited about the grinding, so its social charms didn’t have time to penetrate me, metaphorically speaking.

Your brain probably deliberately forgot how to find that Gannondorf fic again, but retained that sentence as a terrible warning*. I almost wanted to google it, until I thought it could be a sexual metaphor and not a self-description. That kinda cut off my wings.

*I unconsciously wrote “but retained that sentence as a terrible sentence”, before reading my post again.

We found a makrura character named “The Benevolent Mr. Snappercase” (or at least “The Benevolent Mr. Snappersomething”, I forget). Blizzard makes these things all on their own :smiley: I’m not sure if he really exists in the game (can’t find him in WoWwiki, but he was in the model viewer…)
I knew it! It’s all in the plans. Look out for the announcement of a deal between Blizzard and Tim Burton in the near future.

But if the Hero’s sidekick is a gnome, wouldn’t that only fuel Kil’jaeden’s hatred against our brave champion? Or was it just his underlings who hated gnomes? Pff, nonsense. NOBODY likes gnomes. They are SCARY.
But if its gnomes fighting goblins? That’s at least as good as having some of the firstborns killed. First wave of Azerothian comedy, success guaranteed!

Oh yes, so much love that link. There’s a greek saying, “if you’ve got such friends, you don’t need any enemies” :stuck_out_tongue: But I’m sure that fic is the tip of your iceberg.

Wow, do I have stuff for you! Lots and lots of stuff. Like up 14 chapters of Dancing in Time, a whole new story that is like 15 chapters long all ready… um well more of Somewhere in Between… and yeah, well lots of stuff.

Also, I have two stories for Lost Odyssey; so wondering if I can put those under the ‘other’ category? Probably not the most popular RPG, but I really liked it!

Now the big question, do I need to send you the chapters? I remember doing it both ways here, giving the links to my account to Weilla, and sending chapters. I don’t want to flood your in box. I know you may not get it all up in one update…sorry for the many things. ^_~

You can hurt me now.:ulty:

XD Sweeeet!
I’ve been on and off fandom for a while, but I thought I had kept up with at least Somewhere in Between.

Gallo, if you want help with these (they’re long, niiiice stories), just give me a call and I’ll sort out what goes where for you and what should be said about them.

Darn you Ashbear, now I’m gonna have to find a way to play Lost Odyssey!

Sorry for the delay. The update will be up in June. After that, it WILL be bi-monthly.

Good luck working on it, Gallo :slight_smile:

That latest fic I posted here (Big, green Warchief/Sorceress of the Alliance thread) you can ignore, it’s not betaed.