Fallout 3

I think we have differing levels of utility for two skill points.

Yeah, Repair is super useful. Especially for me, with my Small Arms specilization. I started by tagging Medicine, Small Arms and Repair as my three skills; small arms controls like, everything that isn’t an energy weapon or something like a minigun. I maxed out lockpicking first though and now that I have 4 skills maxed out I’ve gotten Science to 75. I dunno, I have a surprisingly diverse character that is competent in most or all situations.

I can sense an economic crush developing after the economic crash.

Science, Sppech, Lockpick, Repair, and Energy weapons were my main four. My sneak is actually pretty high, too.

I also got all the bobbleheads and books for my character. I bet I had more skill points than you did. <_<;

I got all the bobbleheads and a lot of the books, too. I even maxed out big guns with the repeatable books.

Yeah, but when I say ALL the books, I mean ALL the books. I was doing an obsessive run.

I just beat the main quest and have moved onto whichever of the expansions begins in the citadel and the robot getting blown to bits. I guess Broken Steel.

The main quest seemed a little short. You can easily miss the bigger portion of the game that exists if you just play the game straightforward. It’s games like these that make me really glad we have achievements and shit these days. Which expansions are Xbox exclusive?

But why? Before achievements you just hunted shit to see what you could find (in some games literally).

Because just hunting for shit invariably means you’ll miss a lot anyway, and you could be missing stuff with major benefits. In this regard, the major quests are outlined in the achievements. However, there are just as many littler, more insignificant things you can do that aren’t achievements that don’t impact the game like the major quests that you could miss.

Where did you guys find the good equipment? I need some better stuff. I mean, I’ve got some unique weapons, but no good unique armors. I’ve got good points in everything so I’ll take any bonus’s.

By the way, is it me or are the standard BoS/Enclave power armors not-that-good choices? The DR bonus isn’t terribly great and it penalises agility (which is not that important in that game, but if you’ve invested in it it doesn’t make any sense deliberately getting a penalty).

Ranger armour works for me (from the Reilly’s Rangersmission, assuming you didn’t opt for the minigun from hell). Durable, some nice stat bonuses and repairable by Talon company armour.

If you don’t mind going to a merchant to repair, the T-51b power armor is great. No +1 to strength, but the highest DR in the game (50!). It also gives +25 rad resistance, though I find that to be pretty useless. You can find it in Fort Constantine, which you may go to if you do the You Gotta Shoot 'Em In the Head quest.

Other than that, yeah- the Ranger Battle armor isn’t too bad, though it only gives 39 DR. The +1 to Luck is really spiffy.

So I’m loving the fuck out of Oblivion. I’m kind of playing it to break it though, I’m on my way to max stats, etc. It gets a little tedious at points having to go out and level a certain skill a bunch without leveling anything else at all. Anyways, does Fallout play like Oblivion? Cause I’ve found Oblivion to be one of the greatest things to ever happen to gaming. Also, is there min/maxing (or in Oblivion’s case, maxxing everything) in Fallout? From the sounds of it there are, what with the starting intelligence and missing out on skill points.

Will I like Fallout? I’m not completely sure because I think one of the reasons I like Oblivion as much as I do is the setting, but I’m also a fan of post-apocalyptic settings I guess.

I just wore a suit and pre-war hat around most of the time.

I’m a ranger armor man too. I found the weight to bonus ratio to be too low to make the power armors worth carrying around. The slightly lower defense rating didn’t make any difference. My character was a genocidal maniac and nothing could kill me.

But you were from the get go a lean killing machine straight out of Eaton, sir!

Well my roommate just came home and somehow managed to get this for five dollars new. So, I’m excited to play this game once I’m through with Oblivion.

See, now that I’ve played this, I might go back and give Oblivion another try. I closed one oblivion gate and to date it’s probably one of the most fun things I’ve done on the 360. That being said I found every second of Oblivion to be a complete grind or a mindless wander at all times…