Dungeon Siege 2

http://www.dungeonsiege.com/ds2.shtml

This looks sweet, especially since I loved the first one.

Sweet - the only problem I had with the first one is it got so monotonous. I got quite a ways into it and then got bored. It was still a sweet game though =)

There are six things they could do that would make DS2 not suck in my opinion:

1. Ditch the shitty handcrafted dungeons and replace them with easier to follow randomized dungeons to reduce the bore factor
  2. Scrap the shitty megamap system and use a good old minimap instead so you actually know where the fuck you’re going
  3. Refine the interface slightly
  4. Make increasing stats easier
  5. Increase the effectiveness of stuff you find. I hate having 90% of the equipment I find be broken or shabby or other poor adjectives, yet they’re still too good for my PCs.
  6. Make monsters appear randomly so you can gather more experience if you want

I so wanted to like DS, the whole character experience system would have rocked if I coulda gone out and gathered experience from random monsters if I felt like it. Instead I had to trudge through long boring dungeons and long boring overworlds and slave for measly shit. Chris Taylor is nowhere near as talented as people say he is.

Make Dungeon Siege less a Diablo 2 clone and it’ll be a far better game.

Dungeon Siege 1 had a lot of potential, but the flaws it had (namely what X said) made it far from perfect. If Dungeon Siege 2 can get fix some of its errors, it will be much better.

personally, i thought the first one was okay, but to much like diablo.

also i would have liked to see some gameplay pictures, and not have the entire trailer some video on, i guess some of the storyline, thats not going to make me want to play the game. since the frist one was like diablo, and personally i didn’t like diablo 2 in the first place.

Originally posted by Scurry
also i would have liked to see some gameplay pictures, and not have the entire trailer some video on, i guess some of the storyline, thats not going to make me want to play the game. since the frist one was like diablo, and personally i didn’t like diablo 2 in the first place.

Uh, yeah, and how are they going to give you gameplay pictures when the game is being released in 2004 and they’re likely still working on developing it? Besides, what’s wrong seeing images of the storyline? It’s like a teaser trailer. How good the graphics of FMVs are can give people optimism about it. The, uh, “frist” one may have been like Diablo, but hopefully, the developers are starting to develop some new things in it.