Dragon Ball Kai

Yeah, I remember how Namek had 5 minutes before it exploded, and like 13 episodes later it was still there. 10-20? They’d need to cut out at least ten times that to get achieve a pace like most good anime series.

I think that this is not a such a good idea, i watched every episode of DBZ because i loved DBZ i never complained about how long or dragged on some of the scenes were. I mean its cool that its all Remastered, but getting rid of the original music and memorable scenes ruins it for me.

The memorable scenes are still there. Just without things like HFIL, Planet of the Bugs, and NotNamek.

I really wouldn’t call the filler episodes memorable. If you want to watch them, they still exist in the original series.

However, I kinda have to agree about the music. I really, really don’t like the new themes they have set up. ‘Cha La Head Cha La’ and its various compositions were iconic to the original series, and it’s just not the same without them. I even miss the cheesy, twangy version of it they played when recapping the previous episodes.

So anyways episode 17 is up and just like Z Vegeta escapes and the plot begins to move again.

Just as an episode check it took the original series 26 episodes to make it this far. If Kai skips all the filler between now and Namek (which would only take two episodes to allow for plot) it will reach the same mark that episode 32 of Z did.

Hopefully Kai’s Namek won’t take 50+ episodes like it did in the original.

Quite a bit happened on Namek, but I think that part of the series can be compressed to around 15-25 episodes. 25 being what I’d consider the worst case.

That including or excluding the fight with Freeza? Because that was almost a full season in and of itself.

Maybe 30 then :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d say Namek should take…about 20-30 episodes. The Freeza fight itself consists of about 3 volumes in the manga.

no garlic Jr saga? Moh, I liked that one.

We don’t know how far into Z Kai will get plus I don’t know if Garlic Jr will get cut or not seeing on how it’s based off of the events of the first movie (too bad too since its pretty much the only good filler arc in the series).

On the plus side there’s no Fake Namek either (and hopefully no other shenanigans in space will occur like Goku’s detour to a passing star).

There will absolutely be no Garlic Jr. Saiyan, Freeza, Cell, and Buu only. No filler at all.

If anyone else did what I did and stopped paying attention for a while, its on ep 26 and Vegeta has defeated Zarbon already.

Original:
Episode 26: “An Intense Three-Hour Delay! The Kinto Un Bullet-Express” (Middle of Nappa battle)

I think Vegeta defeated Zarbon in episode 55 or 56 or something.

Damn.

Last episode I saw was 24 as that was the last one I could find with non shit subs. Dodoria had just bitten the dust in that one.

It’s amazing just how fast this one is moving.

I’m glad its moving so quickly honestly.