Doom The FPS/Movie...

Has anyone seen the new trailers for this movie??? They actually decided to film the friggin thing as if it WERE a FPS… Like, the Audience has a gun in the middle of the screen and you walk around and shit…

Check out the Theatrical Trailer, since it shows the “FPS” portions…

http://www.doommovie.com/

And if THIS has already been discussed about the Doom movie… Well… Poonannie.

Blair Witch Doom?

Dude, this is going to be so lame.

I’m from the time when people loved to make and watch movies by recording quake game sessions, and back then we made very little use of the first person view for these (blessed were the chasecam mods). Common sense dictated that movies were better in 3rd person perspective.

This is going to be more like a universal studios attraction than a movie.

Edit: Hold on a second… I just realized, This movie IS a Universal Studios attraction!!! LOL

And to make things worse they made the Rock the main character. groan

:moogle: Has anyone noticed that the worst video game movies were all made by Universal studios.

Oscar written all over it.

… So, it makes you load a whole fricking megabyte, and that’s just the intro page. Do these people even KNOW about people on 56k?

Yes, but they feel that those people should be… DOOMED!

They should have stuck to the “space opera” version of it.
Flynn Taggert ftw.

Yeah, but that might’ve been good.

You’re fucking right it would have. I did a report in the 6th grade about them!

I think there are times when John Carmack just needs to take a bandana, gag someone with it, and rape them across the room until they die. This is one of those times.

Oh, yeah, and the movie doens’t look like it’ll be that good, either.

I saw the trailer,It can’t be that bad,sure it probably wont be that good either but at least it can’t be as bad as Alone in the Dark and House of the Dead.

I’ve seen the trailer, and once in the theater preceeding Firefly. I was laughing hard.

So hard to find a ‘good’ or even plausable VG movie.

The hell? Are the “suspenseful” moments gonna be the clicking of an empty gun?

Hey, <a href=“http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php?date=2004-12-08”>at least it’s on mars.</a>

Noted. But STILL.

Okay, given further thought, this is going to suck.

I mean, if they want an authentic film representation, they’ll have to replicate the ever-popular “Find red key, open red door, find blue key, open blue door, find yellow key…” plot model that served the series so well.

Not to mention there will be old hands in the theaters, arguing about how Vin Diesel put that shotgun blast squarely in the imp’s mouth and it should be dead.

I’ll probably go though. As I’ve said before, it’s our duty to be present when our gods die…

I never laughed so hard as when I saw the first person moments in the trailer. That is all.

vin diesel?