Donkey Kong Country Returns

I can’t wait for this game. I’ve been playing them on the Virtual Console for a month or so now. It’s supposedly extremely difficult but Donkey Kong Country 2 was really hard in some parts too. It’s made by Retro, they did Metroid Prime. This is the first game I’ve preordered for Wii.

Are yes, Donkey Kong Country… I played the gba versions of that a fair while ago. I think it was 2 that I played, can’t remember? Anyway… I’m guessing this new one is going to be pretty good!

I got an unexpected grant from school so I may buy it.

From all the magazine previews I’ve read, it’s shaping up to be a pretty good game. And it’s got some ridiculously hard levels. The ones highlighted was a mine-cart level, a forced-scrolling level where you have to outrun a swarm of spiders (think Wall of Death from Kid Chameleon), and another one I can’t remember.

One I’ve seen highlighted is this one where you dodge a wave coming at you by hiding behind wreckage and rocks and such.

I’m surprised there’s not much DKC love around here. There’s a ton of Mega Man fans here, and DKC is just as big a glutton for punishment as Mega Man.

While I wouldn’t agree about DKC being as hard as Mega Man, I enjoy the games thoroughly. DKC to me is more about finding the hidden rooms and secrets and stuff, which is great fun too.

There’s DK love around here. Right now, I’m just stuck without the means of getting anything new.

If there’s anything I could say on the matter is that DKC2 is a game that I should probably go back through and get everything again (if I can get one of my SuperNES controllers to properly work again). That was such a monumental task for my younger self. Also the music is damn awesome.

I dunno SG, Donkey Kong Country 2 is pretty hard. That carnival part is crazy, with all the bees and the mine carts and the vines with thorns…

So, what’s this about a Super Guide. If you lose eight lives in a level, the game starts to play itself? :stuck_out_tongue:
I hope it can be turned off. Losing eight lives in a DKC level is nothing.
How many did it take to finish levels like Animal Antics or Lightning Look-Out the first time?

It’s the same as in Super Mario Bros. Wii. You can turn it on or off.

I’m so buying this one regardless if I have the time to play it. It has the right feel as far as I can see from the trailers. Only it’s a pity there’s no Dixie Kong as the slow falling fits my style of playing.

Personally, I prefer DKC (especially 3 and 2 for its hard but not sadistic difficulty) to any Megaman game. Great news!

It’s a lot of fun. I haven’t encountered very much of the difficulty just yet. There is a surprising amount of varied game play, everything from things attacking you from the background, to going back and forth between the foregrounds… It’s really a lot like Mario bros Wii. Which is awesome.

edit: I’ve played a little more and I found a level that’s probably the most difficult platforming level I’ve encountered. It’s crazy and it’s in the first world!

I bought it for my sister for Christmas. Can’t wait to see it in action!