Does ANYONE know how this works???

Clicky click click.
This is one of those mind-reader flash games that everyone’s probobly seen a thousand and one times. Does ANYONE here know how this works? I’m giving myself migraines trying to figure this out.

Someone explained it to me once, but I forgot :wink:

Those thigns are so weird though.

Several minutes after I posted, a friend explained it to me. :slight_smile:

It’s like that trick where you tell someone to pcik a number and do some math, and the end result for is always nine. If you’ll notice, the symbols are randomized each time, but each multiple of 9 (9, 18, 27, etc.) has the same symbol.

Its creepy. When I pick a random symbol and click it it gets it wrong but when I do the math its been right every time. itgives perfectly good example of how it works.

I’ve seen another one of those thing where they’ll tell you to pick a card and they’ll take away the card you picked. Well it always works because you get a different set of cards each time. But the thing is that they are always face cards so you don’t realize it right away.

They’re all face cards, always same colors. The only thing is they change the symbols. You’ve by default got one black and one red of each. They just change the sign on it.

The sum of a two-digit number’s digit subtracted from the original number will result in a certain amount of numbers. They simply took all possibilities and used the same sign for all fo them. Then the flash was designed to randomize the signs, but keep them uniform. If all symbols were unique it would be impossible, but as it is, the only answers that are possibly have the same sign.

As long as you do the math, it will end up with a number they know what is. Disappointing isn’t it?: No magic involved at all.

I think this is yet another example of how math is infallible, or something.

It’s a neat system.

A tad creepy, but really interesting.

It’s only creepy if you didn’t try two numbers and saw that they had the same symbol :stuck_out_tongue:

<b>CURSE YOU MATH!!!</b>

I <b>WILL</b> beat you! I swear I will!!!

Soon…I will break the rules of Math & free myself of my fleshy cocoon! <b><i>SOON!!!</b></i>

Cless is actually right. Took me a couple of tries to get how it did it down.

Originally posted by X_countryguy
I’ve seen another one of those thing where they’ll tell you to pick a card and they’ll take away the card you picked. Well it always works because you get a different set of cards each time. But the thing is that they are always face cards so you don’t realize it right away.

That’s the dumbed down version. This one requires actual math.

After doing a small amount of math it becomes easy to see that you can only ever end on certain numbers, and that they all have the same symbol.

So at first glance it looks impressive, but if you look closer it really just is asimple trick!!

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
I think this is yet another example of how math is infallible, or something.

It’s yet another example on how mathematics can be used to scam people; if only because people are silly enough to belive numbers.

Or silly enough to not believe them :stuck_out_tongue: