Dissidia: Coming in August

PSP connects to the tv

Only if you have one of those newfangled ones. My TV is over 10 years old (still working fine) and only has standard A/V, so no PSP connection.

The even if you don’t own it, Dissidia is something you SHOULD get. Plus has ALOT of allusions to the main FF series games. In fact about few of Kefka’s intro lines (Emperor, Cecil, and Jecht) have references of FF6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REc62uRGV08

And, for those who not let got it, you can access battle sound-bytes. Kefka’s a good example to show off as one of Dave Wittenberg’s finest moments.

I picked it up earlier today, have exclusively played Terra, and she’s level 51. Since I’ve only used one character in story mode, I can’t say too much about the gameplay or balance. With Terra, it’s pretty much a distance game: Holy -> Flare -> Ultima or Tornado if your opponent gets too close.

The story mode is interesting, but it’s getting pretty repetitive. I’m not sure how many more boards I have to beat to finish.

Overall it’s pretty cool, having all the different characters from different titles interacting with each other is kind of a dream come true. It’s very well done, the graphics are great (for psp), and the opening was incredible.

Yeah, that opening cinematic was breathtaking. Shame about the rest of the story. Although Terra’s is probably the best one.

I’ve been using all the characters more or less equally, except for Cecil, whom I HATE. I’m around level 30-40 on all of them. It’s nice to have some variety in your gameplay. :sunglasses:

One of the problems with Terra is that her attacks are so slow it’s very difficult to get a lot of the DP challenges that have to be done within 10 seconds, more so than most characters.

That’s not very promising, because Terra’s isn’t very good. I’m not done yet, so maybe there will be an interesting twist or something, but I doubt it. I’ll probably finish it up tonight. I hate her voice actress - she sounds like she’s 10 years old, more like I’d imagine Relm sounding.

Kefka’s dialogue was awesome (especially the lines from FFVI), but I’m not sure of my thoughts on his look in the game. Maybe a bit too clowny.

I don’t pay too much attention to the DP challenges. Like you said they’re difficult for Terra, and I’m more concerned with level / items at the moment.

The PSP sucks as a controller; I wish I could use a 6-axis.

I love the rebranding of the characters from every FF game. It opens up a lot of possibilities; it’s as if Square-Enix is creating their own “Marvel Universe” with their character library, so to speak. They’re sorta stabbing themselves in the foot in this respect by taking so long in between canon releases.

The DP challenges are good because you can use them to get some great items and summons (not to mention PP and story points).

And yes, the story does get much, much worse. 8-( Most of it is vague, pointless and overly dramatic. Terra’s and maybe Tidus’s are the only ones that are remotely enjoyable. But yes, Kefka is freaking awesome, probably the best part of the game.

Wait, Terra’s level 51 and you haven’t even finished her part of the story yet? O_o

I voiced my opinion earlier on that I didn’t like the tack they took of “10 good guys vs. 10 bad guys”. The framing mythos is terrible, and they could have had a much more enjoyable experience if they’d have gone Smash Bros. and just picked the most popular characters from throughout the franchise. I mean seriously… characters like Warrior of Light, Onion Knight, Garland, Ultimecia, Cloud of Darkness? None of them have any personality. There are three bad guys who are essentially “scary deep voices in big armor”. They could have had much better chemistry by including characters like Gilgamesh, Yuna, Locke, Tifa, Selphie etc.

I finished Terra’s story mode. I played through it three times to get her level up, and I’ve been going through the rest of the game. I thought some of it might change based on who you use, but apparently not.

I like Warrior of Light from FFI, it’s cool how he’s kind of leading things. He should be wearing red, though!

It does change slightly… in Shade Impulse, if you fight (e.g.) Kuja with anyone but Zidane, you’ll get a text-only scene, but if you fight him with Zidane you’ll get a full cutscene.

I haven’t had much time to play since the weekend, but made it through Shade Impulse 3 with Terra. I’m pretty bored of using her, but I might as well finish before trying someone else. I looked on gamefaqs to see how much more I had to go, and I’m glad Shade Impulse 4 is the final stage.

Not sure who I’ll try next, but I’m interested in seeing what the museum has to offer.

So far I’ve most enjoyed using Cloud, Zidane, Bartz and Firion. Terra is too slow for me, all of Onion Knight’s attacks require him to be way too close to the enemy for comfort. Squall seems to be used insanely cheaply by the CPU but I don’t have the kind of reflexes to use him well.

Cecil remains the most annoying character to use. Seriously, he’s terrible.