Did anyone ever use the "Notes" pages in the back of gaming manuals?

Wow, Google is quick. Do a search for:

“notes pages” instruction books

and this thread is the second thing on the list.

Originally Posted by Vorpy
[i]Wow, Google is quick. Do a search for:

“notes pages” instruction books

and this thread is the second thing on the list.[/i]

What’s on first?

No, What’s on Second! WHO’S on First!

Anyway: I did use them once, for Earthworm Jim 2. Specifically, the Quiz Game, that was the third or fourth stage. Some of those questions were hard to keep track of. Like, “What’s the Answer to this question, A, B, or C?” The answer is B.

Although I don’t use them myself, my friend has written in all of his manuals. Mainly cheats and strategy notes for stuff. I did look in those a few times in the past.

I’ve never used them, maybe a little to doodle in, but I doodle on pretty much any blank paper I can get my hands on. My teachers get really annoyed though.:runaway:

Nope never did.

I used to write level passwords in The Immortal manual.

I used them to try drawing the pictures of characters in the manuals. This was when I was like 8, though.

I also wrote charts about my character’s growth, like in FF6, that who mastered what esper.

I actually tore apart my manual for the smurfs (game boy) because I couldnt get past the 3rd level and it pissed me off. :stuck_out_tongue: the notes page suffered. Yeah, I was an angry kid.

I used the section to record pasword information in 3 games: Bubble Bobble, Kickle Cubicle, and a bizarrely confusing Alex Kidd game for SMS which title I can’t remember.

Alex Kidd in Miracle World was better than the Genesis games by leaps and bounds.

I googled up Alex Kidd, and the one I was thinking of was indeed for the Genesis. Man that game was annoying. Very few fond memories of it.

Miracle world was the shit, though. The music was sweet, taking on baddies with nothing more than a head sized fist was awesome, and defeating boses by playing rock paper scissors was kinda cool. I haven’t picked up that game since I was like 6, and I still kinda remember what the first level was like.

Never have and I don’t think I ever will. Hell, I’ve been keeping the boxes and manuals to games for awhile, and I perish the thought of anything happening to any of them.