Developing Dissida Details

“You all sound like chapters from a self-help booklet!”

Classic one-liners aside though, I could only see Yuna making it into Dissida as her X-2 incarnation because her X form doesn’t lend itself to a fighting game (though she could undergo a redesign like Tidus has, which might actually work, all things considered).

My list of prefered third wheels:
FFI: Princess Sara (or Bikke or White Mage)
FFII: Leon
FFIII: Dogra
FFIV: Kain
FFV: Gilgamesh
FFVI: Leo
FFVII: Red XIII (for some varity)
FFVIII: Quists (or Sefier)
FFIX: Vivi (or Beatrix)
FFX: Yuna (or Aruon or Riku or anybody really)

Yes, it was the X-2 incarnation I was thinking of. If you haven’t seen Dead Fantasy yet, you need to. 8p

I’d actually hope the extra characters would be heavily weighted towards the newer games. The older games just don’t have that many characters who belong in a fighting game. Even some of the ones we have now don’t fit that well.

I’m still waiting for images of Kefka.

I know he was only shown in a closed door event and there’s nothing released, but still. Internet has failed me!

Characters i’d like to see

FF1 - Monk
FF2 - (never played, so i don’t know characters)
FF3 - Xande
FF4 - Kain/Cecil
FF5 -Gilgamesh
FF6 - Locke
FF7 - Genesis/Cid
FF8 - Seifer
FF9 - Beatrix
FF10 - Seymour
( if done FF12 - balthier)

He just started working double-shifts, since I took the money I normally put towards our internet to MGS4 and a used PS3. I actually just got the Big Boss emblem this morning. Health-wise, I’m fine. All cancers are still gone, and my hair is getting all long again.

Back on topic, fighting Sephiroth as Onion Warrior is the best idea an FF game has had in years.

Ah, great! Enjoy your PS3. Do you keep up with your Muyai Thai?

Back on topic, fighting Sephiroth as Onion Warrior is the best idea an FF game has had in years.

Sephiroth? I can beat that guy with an Onion.

Meet your challenger, Shiva.

The Cloud of Darkness is rather low and high on equipment worn on her… er. Yeah.

Onion Knight (cute kid) wants to say that his name is INGUS, but I guess a generic OK would do too. props for Ninja and Sage forms.

this threads really dried up. hasn’t anyone found anything? even rumours are hard to find (new ones that is).

Patience, young grasshopper. The game will come out eventually and you’ll get your fill of information. :sunglasses:

i doubt that it will be out till mid/late 2010 where i am (england) or even early 2010 for USA.
I’m merely pointin out that no one is even expressing views or hopes on the game.

I’m sure it’ll be decent.
And I’m also pretty sure it’ll be out sometime in 2009. Screenshots are showing a fairly significant amount of development and interviews seem to indicate that the gameplay is pretty far along as well.

i found out about this game, and i really wanna get a psp now, not just for this tho…theres crisis core too, and plus i wanna learn how to mod a psp and play ps1 games on it…actually i already learned, im just missing a psp…so yea…this game looks cool, i literally found out about it a week ago…so yea

not much to report but as we’ve seen from screenshots and trailers. Characters have moves that act as finishers (eg. Kuja/zidane go in to trance to use energy attacks)

heres the current known ones plus a couple of rumoured ones (starred) (correct me if i’ve missed any possible ones)

FF1 - Garland --> Chaos*
FF3 - Onion Kight - changes to ninja to attack
FF3 - Cloud of Dark - opens up to unleash snake like tentincles
FF8 - Squall - gunblade changes to lionheart (lionheart limit?)
FF8 - Ultemica - stops time for a short period to attack*
FF9 - Zidane - trances to use free energy
FF9 - Kuja - trances to use ultima
FF10 - Jecht - Goes white (no idea why yet)
FF10 - Tidus - Blitz ace*

There’s a new video out, and finally this one reveals Kefka. Very briefly.

Not sure what the name of his voice actor is, but I recognize it as the same guy that does Buggy the Clown from One Piece. I dig it.

Aside from Kefka, no other new stuff, I don’t think, but hey, KEFKA! :mwahaha:

Originally Posted by SpoonyBard
[i]There’s a new video out, and finally this one reveals Kefka. Very briefly.

Not sure what the name of his voice actor is, but I recognize it as the same guy that does Buggy the Clown from One Piece. I dig it.

Aside from Kefka, no other new stuff, I don’t think, but hey, KEFKA! :mwahaha:[/i]

Actually the most interesting scene was from 3:08 to 3:23 which showed a fight between Kuja and Garland which in turn proves that you can fight villain vs villain in this game.

There was also apparently a board game element shown in this which really begs the question “Was S-E actually paying attention to Quina’s thread? (as seen here)

Also everybody and there brother on GameFAQs’ DFF board is saying that you can catch a glimpse of Terra and either Cecil or Butz or Cloud at the end of the vid (which frankly is a] damn near impossible to tell thanks to the rather timely drop in video quality, and b] is pointless anyway since we know as to whom they’re going to pick for the game, plus c] thanks to the villain’s silhouette lineup we already know that the first ten games are to be represented removing what few questions about the game that had remained).

And fyi to those who still care that glimpse in question occurs from 4:44 to 4:46.

Kefka’s seiyu is said to be Shigeru Chiba (Buggy, One Piece; Megatron, Beast Wars). I can see the dub using David Lodge (Puppetmon, Digimon; Kenzapaki, Bleach) as the madman’s voice.

Actually, we knew of the villians in a poster, but not how they would look.

balthierfan: These might help.
FF3 - Cloud of Dark - Assumes the final boss form in FF3.
FF8 - Ultimeca - Uses Greiver in her attacks.
FF10 - Jecht - (Final Aeon form)

I dunno, I think Mark Hamill would do a good Kefka. Just listen to his Joker from Batman The Animated Series.

I’m still waiting to see more hero reveals, we still don’t have a clue about 6 and 7, and there’s no sign at all of anyone from 4 or 5 yet. If it’s coming out in December, we should be getting this info soon, I’d hope.

Mark Hamill’s Joker is too chortly ho-ho-ho and not quite as sinisterly insane as Kefka is. He may be able to modulate it though. On the other hand, has he actually done any VG voiceovers at all?

Btw, who’s “Kenzapaki, Bleach”? Is that one of the myriad characters I’ve forgotten about? (I still watch Bleach. I honestly have no idea why. It’s probably the biggest waste of my weekly time; I rarely enjoy it.)

Mark Hamill did the voice of the main antagonist in Grandia Xtreme, which had an awful lot of voice acting for a dungeon crawler. He was one of the better performers, way better than the main character, voiced by Dean Cain.

Mark Hamill was also the voice for the villian from Full Throttle, and a supporting character from Gabriel Knight 1 and 3.

I think he did other things as well.