Defragmentation Software

As many of you who’ve had some experience mainting PCs might know, the defrag program used by Win2k, NT, and XP sucks compared to the good old win98 defrag. Since I haven’t been able to run the old version of defrag in dos I need to find an alternative; I’m looking for a good Fat32 windows XP defrag program, preferably one that’s free or easy to crack. Now it’s important that the program supports Fat32 and not NTFS file systems or it’ll definitly mess up any system I use it on.

Any ideas?

I don’t know what you mean by sucking compared to others. I always used Windows’s default defragger and even in XP it’s working ok with me.

What I mean is that the win XP defrag seems unable to defrag free space, I’ve tried running a defrag on several PCs with it and the best I’ve ever managed to get afterwards is 7% fragmentation vs the 0% you usually get with the old Win98 defrag.

That’s remind me I need to defrag myself. Been way too long.

Powerquest partition magic comes with a defrag tool. Not sure if its better though.

This is a good tool for Defrag

http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp/freefile/story/0,24330,3425341,00.html

My experience is the complete opposite, but that is probably just me.

Too bad Windows doesn’t support XFS. Database filesystems don’t fragment. Wee.

I’ve been using Norton’s Speed Disk for over a year now, and it seems to work good.

Originally posted by BahamutXero
I’ve been using Norton’s Speed Disk for over a year now, and it seems to work good.

second that…