Defeating the Protoss fleet as Zerg...

Well, I can’t give advice on that, since all you’re doing is pumping and seeing who does it faster with half of the game’s strategy left out entirely.

the strategy is still there, you just can’t rely on them running out of resources. However, since the map has a bit of illegal resource placement at the start, if you lose your starting nexus you might as well quit. The game starts you wedged between several (the one with six is best, cause the stacked ones glitch) geysers, about an scv width from your nexus and a stack of 50+ crystals all on one spot butted against the back of your nexus. To do well on this map you have to be willing to fight on a tactical level and out manouver their troops. The bad part is that often a protoss player will decide to use some of that excess cash and build cannons in random locations just to tick you off. Granted that cannoning isn’t hard to defeat, but it is damn annoying.

All you have to do on a money map is mass air units and kill the enemy’s CC, Nexus, or Main Hatchery.

No we don’t. We send just about everything. Reaver drops, DT drops, ling rushes, Corsairs in the Overlords we’ve used them all. We really like nuking… bcs are over rated.

You can always try those things on a money map, but the only strat you really need is mass air. That’s because once you take out their resource collector, they’re effectively out of the game. And that’s why money maps are lame.

actually, when we play mass air gets you killed. especially now that I did my little break down of how to effectively stop mass carriers. We see a lot of ground sieges, fake attacks, hallucination armies. We get pretty creative when it comes to trying to crack a base. A fun terran trick is to float ccs over their production buildings, so they can’t click on them.

Hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha…

$$$ maps are different for me. Depending on what my allies do, I’ll do the opposite (they do air, I get ground). It works pretty well. But Terran blows. No anti-ground buildings.

And Fly: WTF?

Good Terran players don’t need anti-ground buildings.

What about Bunkers? Those are defense buildings. And Siege Tanks make great defense, too.

not that d helps you that much. All it really does is piss off the guy who’s about to rape your base. A mobile force is worth way more than all the fixed d in the world.

Eloquently said. I simply cannot retort those points.

Thank you :smiley: Someone else who realizes that static def blows chunks :stuck_out_tongue:

So says the man who has many times scolded me for never building bunkers =P

there is a difference between building say 2 bunkers with a tank or 2 for ground support at your chokepoint and building 8 or so of each and jamming them in said choke.

Well I only recommend Bunkers and a couple of Turrets next to Command Centers so your workers don’t get murdered :stuck_out_tongue: That’s kinda different than just throwing them at every hill and choke.

Edit: And GM, since you’re probably gonna read this thread and I don’t like dealing with PMs, do you still want to help me write/maintain the Starcraft Atrium still? 'Cause I remember you expressing interest in that at one point :stuck_out_tongue:

I was beginning to think the Atrium had died…

I’ve actually given it a layout which looks uh, good, now :stuck_out_tongue: I just need to write a lot of strategies, which will be like the main part of the site.

When I play money map I mass lots and might throw in a few dt’s. Only thing that’s ever stopped it is a lurker mass with no observer, 8 tanks and my guys all clustered on the other side of a small choke only letting 9 attack at a time and 80sunken colonies with lurker support one 4 vs 4 map where the last guy just went opure d after my lots annihilated his 3 partners. He also had a few units from the terran barracks in his base that his buddy was reduced to. 2 of my partners dropped and it was basicly 2 vs 1 and we couldn’t crack him because he had about 15 hatcheries spitting replacement units out faster than we could spit our toss out.

Quite, quite eloquent. Now, James, would you join me for a spot of tea? Plays with his eye glass thingy

Ahem. Anyways. Carriers… I’ve always just gotten a lot of hydras (What’s new. >.>;:wink: and darkswarm and, if their base is close enough (Not so far that I couldn’t run back if they attack), I’d go and be offensive, using dark swarm, forcing the carriers back, not me, and taking out their base as fast as quickly as I can while they are running back.

Actually, I haven’t really always done this. I just thought it up. I just thought it would be interesting to see what happens if you were the one forcing THEM back. Of course, seeing as they are air, they could just go to your base while you’re out. >_< You can pick apart this possible strategy all you want, just don’t be a stupid dickface like you may or may not be to others. (Please D:)

Edit: Er. Whoops. I think I just necroposted. .-.;