Darling, I cloned The Dog(Talking about Korea)

Yep, Korean scientits cloned the first dog in history. They named him “Snuppy” and used the same method they did with Dolly.

http://www.abc.net.au/am/content/2005/s1430022.htm

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/science/08/03/dog.clone.ap/

Snuppy. They don’t appreciate Schultz :frowning:

The dog is the animal with the second closest genetic patern to humans. Monkeys being the first.

This just shows that science is advancing in great new ways, and America has nothing to do with it.

I blame Bush and his bible thumping.

My question has been “Why an Afghan?”

Korea created the first food replicator. The age of Voyager is upon us.

I get it. Because koreans eat dogs. Funny.

TD, your sig. What the fuck.

I thought it was a dig at Snoopy too, at first.

While its new, its not surprising. Cloning is conceptually very simple. It just requires a bit of luck for the development to not be completely fucked up.

You’ve read my mind.

Is happy

When will cloning machines be available in stores? :slight_smile:

Some people find cloning an act against God, but I for one find it useful (just not cloning humans though)When a dog has been part of a family for years it sort of gets stuck on you and when it passes away its tremendousley sad.So with the choice the family could just clone the dog.It wont be perfectly the same but still…

Some people find cloning an act against God,

Yeah, but so’s electricity. And the Internet. And airplanes. And evolution. So God can stfu.

but I for one find it useful (just not cloning humans though)When a dog has been part of a family for years it sort of gets stuck on you and when it passes away its tremendousley sad.So with the choice the family could just clone the dog.It wont be perfectly the same but still…

I’d wait and see what side effects there are and whatnot first.

Clones can’t whistle.

If you make a clone of a clone, does it reduce the picture quality?

The problem with cloning your pets is that you have to remember that behavior and attitudes have in part biological and in part environmental contributions and that its not because its a genetic copy that everything will be the same. The genotype are your genes, the phenotype is what comes out and phenotypes can be very tricky and up to interpretation. And that’s assuming you have a good working clone, which is very very hard to do. Dolly was a fucked up little sheep.

So that would mean ‘Snuppy’ is a ‘snack puppy’.

I want to clone my very own Natalie Portman pls…

Didn’t Dolly age like 5 times faster than her “parent”?

I mean, yeah, cloning isn’t natural. The internet isn’t natural in a way far different than how cloning isn’t natural. Honestly, it’s kind of scary. I mean - death is a very natural thing. Everybody and everything is going to die one day - but to stay dead in an age of cloning would almost seem like a blessing. I mean shit - what if your son dies in a car accident? What, do you clone him and act like it never happened? What kind of odd shit is this?

I think sure, we’ll figure it out, but there should be laws against cloning certain things, like some animals and humans.