Damn You Squeenix!!!

A double whamy from the Squeeinx collective.

Resistance IS Futile!

I think if we made a chart with “number of Final Fantasies per year”, it would go from about 1 every 2-3 years in 1987 through something like eight in a single year in 2007-8. Seriously, give it a rest. Us poor webmasters can’t keep up. 8-(

It’s getting to be as bad if not worse than the Megaman Series. shudders

Yay Cecil! Heh, guilty pleasures

On the other hand more original content please! And by original I don’t strictly mean new.

I heard a rumor about the FFIV remake a week or so ago… but does this mean it’s official now?

And FFXII International was an inevitablility. They did the same thing to FFX, FFX-2, and both Kingdom Hearts games, so I’d have been shocked if they didn’t give FFXII the same treatment.

ff4 remake? omfg.

Yes, it’s official. There are screenies.
The FF12 edition is a huge overhaul, though: they’re adding a JOB SYSTEM. Well, sort of, anyway.

Cecil looks AWFUL as a DK in the scan I saw. He has a freaking dancer’s legs, not the bulging thighs and calves of an enemy-slaughtering dreadnought.

<small><i>I will, of course, kill to get this game nonetheless.</i></small>

Dear god, if your gonna remake a game try not to kill it PLEASE!!!

Screenums.

That’s so fucking gay. They just released FFIV what, last year?

By the way, FF Dissidia looks like it’s going to be freaking awesome. There are only a few screenshots, but from what I can tell it seems like it’ll be a Final Fantasy Smash Brothers sort of game (though probably not just straight action). Screenies show Zidane smashing Kuja for starters, and since FF9 isn’t the most popular in the series I’m hopeful that’ll mean that practically EVERYONE will be on this thing.

To the gym, Cecil! And cut down the cardio already.

NO!!

NO! WHY?!

Why Squeenix Why?!

Why do you tempt us with such things?

At least none of the games mentioned in the article have had any remakes prior to today, but this is looking like I may need to get a PSP after all. I’m still going to wait until the PSP becomes a bit more affordable.

Originally Posted by Cidolfas
By the way, FF Dissidia looks like it’s going to be freaking awesome. There are only a few screenshots, but from what I can tell it seems like it’ll be a Final Fantasy Smash Brothers sort of game (though probably not just straight action). Screenies show Zidane smashing Kuja for starters, and since FF9 isn’t the most popular in the series I’m hopeful that’ll mean that practically EVERYONE will be on this thing.

Hunh???

No not on the DS :frowning:

Edit: They call that realistic proportions? wtf maybe if Cecil was a woman or anorexic or something

Yep, Dissidia was announced too. I only saw one screen of it (don’t know where it is now) but the idea is DAMN cool.
Seriously, the PSP is my idol if all these games (SO1, SO2, Dissidia, Crisis Core, Tactics: Lion War) come out on it. How could I just let it slide? :sunglasses:

The last remnant sounds interesting.

Originally Posted by Rigmarole
The last remnant sounds interesting.

It sounds a little too similar to Drakengard. Though, I’m hoping that the weekend will set me straight.

The Last Remnant does look pretty good at the moment in my opinion. Although will have to wait until we know a bit more about it before giving a proper judgement.

Although I am now looking forward to the re-releases of SO1, and SO2. I really do want to give those two games a going over.

I was wondering what other/how much new material would be announced at this weekend’s Party. Well, holy Chocobo! That’s what I call spring fever à la Square Enix. Now, I can’t wait to see all the cool trailers coming out of there, the new FFXIII clip in particular.
The Last Remnant does look interesting, and already it’s being tagged as the next big S-E franchise in the vein of FF and DQ.
There is also a rumor floating around: Square-Enix has some mystery announcement that is supposedly slated to close out the Party.
Where would that FFVII remake go now – PS3 or DS? Ha-ha.