Dadaistic poems

These are the guys behind the philosophy of Babelfish

Interesting, to say the least.

I can’t even fathom what would drive these ‘poets’ to write such garbage.

Originally posted by Sephiroth Hayes
I can’t even fathom what would drive these ‘poets’ to write such garbage.

Boredom hopefully.

Ah, nonsensical gibberish. What does Dada mean anyway? Some sort of artistic movement or philosophical theory I’m sure. I can’t remember exactly what it was. I do believe that it is best summed up in my first sentence, anyway.

No, it wasn’t boredom. Dada was informed by a sense of despair derived from the chaos of World War I. Dadaists were mostly young men who had seen that war up close, and concluded that, if this could happen in the world, the world was doomed and there was no meaning to be found in art. Essentially, they thought that art, as a representative of the nobility of humanity, had killed itself due to the war, and attempted to express this view by their meaningless collages of words and images. This nihilism was what fueled their movement, which proved to be highly influential even if its own lifespan was brief. I wouldn’t just casually dismiss it.

That’s rather interesting, I think.

That is interesting. I’m thinking it sounds like war poetry gone sorta opposite what it turned out being. Different sides of the same coin?

Go check.