CT Question..

I just got FF:C on Monday so I’ve been playing CT like mad. Anyways, I usually always did this when I played but I just started thinking about it now. When you set the battle gauge speed faster or slower, that doesn’t effect how more or less the monsters attack, does it? I usually set my gauge to 1, the fastest, and I didn’t notice any difference when I set it back to 5. My gauge was much slower, yes but the monsters didn’t attack as often as they do when it was set to 1. So I’m thinking the monsters are accustomed to the battle gauge speed as well…I hope or else I’ve been playing my way through the game pretty easily, which hurts my pride ;_; Though I can’t imagine the handicap being in my favour only, and I can’t imagine the monsters attacking three times as often, like they do when the speed is set to 1, but at 5…especially since in that cursed Undersea palace, where those Golem twins anihilate me every time cuz they’re so frigging fast. I can’t imagine fighting them on a lower gauge speed like 5, I’d be dead in literally 10 seconds.

Any imput on this?

That’s VERY odd… I never really fool around with the gauge myself; I just set it to the fastest speed and play like that.

One thing that may play a factor is the fact that its a CD game. The CD COULD be messed up or something. Now, I’m not saying to jump to conclusoins, but when I was buying FFC, I remember the guys telling me that a huge number of the FF4 discs had to be recalled because they just wouldn’t run at all. Maybe there’s a problem with the CT discs, but no one noticed it?

That’s all I can come up with, sorry.

EDIT: When you do reach Dalton, please take it easy on him. He’s my poor misguided twin brother, and I don’t want him to suffer anymore than he already does.

Nah, I don’t believe it’s a disc error or anything like that, I was just wondering if my theory on how the battle speed worked was correct :slight_smile: I guess I’ll never know, but I’ll keep on thinking I’m right. See, I play on battle speed 1, too, because I can’t stand it when battles take forever. I was just thinking that if I was at a faster speed, would that give me a high attack advantage over the enemies whose battle gauges were not as fast? But I guess not, because whatever speed I’m at, I don’t have any big advantage except battles flow faster.

And pfft, Zeal, Blackbird and Dalton are my favorite parts of the game :stuck_out_tongue: I shall kick his ass good for sicking those stupid Golem bosses on me, I HATE them.

I believe it affects both monsters and yourself, otherwise it’s just a developer’s way to cheat your way through the game. That and it’s for people who cant make decisions or are kinda slow, therefore they dont get annihilated while they make decisions.

Ahh, I misread the question then!

Changing the battle speed only changes the “speed” of the game; meaning, everything just happens faster. A low battle speed just makes the enemies take longer to execute commands, and it makes ALL of the ATB bars slow down. So, the only reason to turn up the battle speed is if you can handle the game at that speed, or if you are doing really straightforward battles and need to speed the battles up to get more of them in.

Yes.

Originally posted by Sun Demon
I believe it affects both monsters and yourself, otherwise it’s just a developer’s way to cheat your way through the game. That and it’s for people who cant make decisions or are kinda slow, therefore they dont get annihilated while they make decisions.

Ah ok I was right then. Yeah I would feel pretty foolish if all I was doing was cheating and making things infinately easier for me.