COWABUNGA! (This is a Ninja Turtle Thread)

Yay to the glory days (87-91) Nay to everything else after.

I have the first two movies down word for word.

Okay, admittedly, I was on the low end of the Ninja Turtles fandom spectrum growing up (I wouldn’t dare say I wasn;t a fan at all, because being a kid growing up in the late 80’s to early 90’s, saying you weren’t a Ninja Turtles fan? Grounds for being shot.) But I loved that movie a lot.

I’m buying Pizza.

Q: When a problem requires more than four Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

A: Throw more Turtles at it!

Well at least its better than the alternative.

The 4th wall breaking in the movie is absurdly hilarious. “You don’t realize. The 2000’s Shredder is vicious. Lethal. COMPETENT!”

A well-known scientist (some say it was Bertrand Russell) once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the center of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy. At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: “What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise.” The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, “What is the tortoise standing on?” “You’re very clever, young man, very clever”, said the old lady. “But it’s turtles all the way down!”

I never knew until recently the voice of Shredder in the original cartoon was Uncle Phil.

Ok, I just now noticed the Youtube link, and that image was a movie poster. I honestly don’t know what to think of that concept…

This was also my reaction.

Eh, I watched it whenever it came on. I thought it was a nice throwback at least. Especially the last part. Didn’t see that coming.

I saw the other animated movie. It was pretty cool at times, I enjoyed it. I’ll catch this one as well.

Ninja Turtles are fucking awesome.