Could blitzball be played?

What about the liquid oxygen idea is it any lighter than regular liquid?

I know that liquid Oxygen in our Atmosphere’s presure is very cold… it is used to quickly freeze things. And since it is so dense one spark you can blow up a caravan… (It was on a Science/Entertainment TV show that regually blows stuff up, the most of a certain type of item blown up is caravans)

Heres a smoke, Going faster than you can suck!
http://www.pc.chemie.uni-siegen.de/pci/versuche/english/v85-4.html

no

Besides the issue of breathing, at which we can only conjecture at this point, how do you make a free standing ball of water?

…Please tell me you are being sarcastic. I honestly can’t tell, and I pray you aren’t this dumb.

Val, I think he means “How does the field float in the air”. The “bubble” the game is played in doesn’t seem to have any support structures.

I sort of figured it would be modified to be a glass tank or something.

I have to say, even if Blitzball was really possible, I probably wouldn’t want to watch it since it isn’t too different from waterpolo.

In the FMV’s both Luca’s and Zanarklands Blitz Pool is Held Up by a “ForceField” of Some kind. Zanarkland’s Blitz Pool appears made by a"Wateraja" (Water4) spell.

BN

I don’t know, there’s something so incredibly senseless and just damn stupid about water polo that makes it so I can’t help but love it, like a muave-coloured and slightly retarded pig.

Waterpolo is nice, but it’s not even close to blitzball. It’s decided, i’m going to make blitzball my first priority in life. I believe it IS possible to play blitzball. That is if you modify some rules:

1 Allow players to take a breath of fresh air sometime
2 Use of some kind of rugby ball, for its hydrodynamical shape
3 As for the field, a reinforced glass pool would do. We musn’t forget the shpectatators

All this considering that the players would have to be REALLY trained guys, like Baboomba or something.

They still wouldn’t be able to hit the ball more than a meter or two.

I bet Jack Thompson and all the other advocates of the evils of video games would just love this. I mean, this right here does show that some people will try to immitate a video game. While making blitzball a reality isn’t nearly as bad as some kid going on a shooting spree trying to bring some game to reality, it has the same cause and effect.

Barose, if you don’t mind me asking, how old are you? I’m thinking you are fairly young because of this post and one you did in the what games should be made one.

According to his profile, he was born in 87, so he’s… 18. The same age as me.

…I need a drink now.

It’s probably a mistake to take his post in complete seriousness, although the reaction is understandable given Quina’s recent posts.

If this guy hooks up with Quina’s mom, he might just be able to fund the research needed for such a sport…

Of course, before you consider blitzball, you can also wonder about the 100 or so rounds I spent fighting Shinryu (Whom you fight underwater), who can poison, petrify, kill, and pretty much do anything to you, and the guys still stay oxygened up there. “Whoops, KO’d.” *Phoenix Down!" “DUDE NO OXYGEN blurb” And most rounds under haste, which supposedly increases the strain on your body severely.

Also, why do the bodies stay right there where they do when they get KO’d? Aren’t they supposed to float up? :I And what about players who have been afflicted with sleep? huh? huh?

Of course, the whole text could be replaced with: “Video Game Physics…”

I think the liquid oxygen idea is out, due to human tolerances, and basic chemestry. liquid oxygen under normal pressure of 1 atm is super cold. if you ‘drank’ it, youd freeze yourself to death. instantly most likely. and if you adjusted the pressure to increase it, and make it be a liquid that way, you would crush the person when it they contacted it, that or it would evaporate instantly when returned to normal pressure.

Maybe SE should’ve made an actual Blitzball game. “Spira Blitzball League.” Makes me think of that game based off that sport from Harry Potter.

You mean Quidditch, which incedently has more rules that are not known. Most of them are now useless. That gets made since Waner Bros Finance it, and Harry potter is one of it’s best selling lines. They sold it then since they knew that kid’s would like a Harry Potter game for Chistmas and since the Movie3 was taking time to complete. They Borrowed Elements From all offical Books and J.K. Rowling such as Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (in current Movie: Harry Potter (4) and the Goblet of Fire One Pupil of another School is the Catching Seaker in the World Cup held near the Beginging.) and Quidditch Through the Ages,
( http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0747554714/qid=1131394811/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/026-5314377-8092468 ) Plus the Quidditch mini games were the best replay value of HP1 PS1 game. (I have it, btw).

To summarize My Summary… Waner Bros knew it would sell, since the Previous Games and other Productes were selling higher than expected.

S-E ruined it on FFX-2 to make it more of a footy manager that a like a footy game.

The main problem with games drerived from an RPG is that proberbly only sell in Japan… The “Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Special” wlist proberbly fun is only availible in Japan.

Strangley, RPG’s have made a noticeable increase in the Charts in a UK game store near me… Namco RPG’s (Baten Katos, TOS, (cubes, 2nd hand) and Xenosaga2 (New from Friday, 8 in New PS2) are all in the top 10) Most of the Avertising for Atucal Games I’ve seen this last month has been for a kids RPG…

It think S-E Doesn’t beleve the market is ready for a Sports game based on a Mini game… Not saying it’s bad Idea… Just to say it’s not commertial Sence…

You shouldn’t take me too seriously mr. GI Joe, you know. I just like to speculate and make hypotetis, although i like the idea of blitzball as a real sport to play. But if this irritates you so much, i guess i can drop the subject. Vuommibene dude.