Computer Problems

I got mine here also. Better than making a new thread.

***STOP 0x0000007E (0c0000005 0xF8AEE941, 0xF8BB59C0, 0xF8bb56CO)

*** kbdclass.sys - Address F8AEE941 base at F8AEE000, Datestamp 3d3ddad3

Don’t worry, I don’t excpet you to know exactly what that is, but any ideas? Cheers.

Well, it’s always hard to make a diagnosis without seeing the PC, but it seems very likely that you have a problem with your RAM Nightblade.

I don’t know Pierson, you’re going to have to give me a lot more information that just an error code.

So I should take it to the store and see what they can do?

Okay. Comp works fine until I try and play an emulator or game (say, a GBA or PS2 emulator, or Diablo 2). AFter a couple of minutes of running fine, it’ll slow down to a complete crawl, eventually crashing unless I switch the game off, at which point it goes back to normal. I already reformatted it, so I don’t have any other ideas.

After a week of sane operation, I’m getting the same bullshit I was having: the most noticable symptoms being constant momentary dropouts in my internet connection, programs running in full screen (mostly starcraft) deciding to minimize themselves and text boxes randomly deciding that you are no longer using them. Ran spybot (nothing), adaware (some reg values and cookies), norton (nothing), defrag (gave me the finger, said to run scandisk), scandisk (nothing, I ran it in user confimation mode), defrag (worked this time). This little program that my ISP has me setup for my connection (supposed to monitor my router, apparantly does nothing) has been crashing lately, which more or less takes the system with it (no bsod, just an illegal op box that refuses to go away no matter how many times I hit end task (it just spawns a new one).

My computer’s been randomly restarting. I did what DS said - no blue screens come up. It just restarts. I’ve run Ad-aware, Spybot, AVG, disk cleanup, and defrag. Nuthin’. Still just randomly restarts.

Well, i reformatted my PC, and it is fine now.