Club Nintendo is closing, all hail Club Nintendo

Nintendo’s loyalty program thing is closing to be ‘reborn’ as something ‘better’.

But until then, you gotta spend your [STRIKE]bitcoins [/STRIKE][STRIKE]dogecoins [/STRIKE]nintendo coins on something, and there’s the selection. Don’t forget to burn em while you got em.

wife had 2100 coins to burn through. She’s getting the Tote Bag and got a few games: Earthbound, Wonderful 101, Super Mario Advance 3, and she’s debating on Wrecking Crew or Golden Sun (I own Golden Sun for the GBA but she likes playing on the Wii U gamepad, however, I don’t own a copy of Wrecking Crew so she’s in a debate to spend the last of her coins).

now the problem is that I have to buy a Hard Drive now in order to have enough space for all the free games we’ve gotten since we got the Wii U.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/04/final-batch-club-nintendo-platinum-rewards-now/

Final batch of rewards for Platinum/Gold users.

The full list follows:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf §
Mario Golf: World Tour §
Mario Kart 7 §
Mario Party: Island Tour §
New Super Mario Bros. 2 §
Yoshi’s New Island §
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze §
NES Remix 2 §
Punch-Out!! Wii for Wii U VC §
Pushmo World §
Super Mario Galaxy 2 §
Ultimate NES Remix §
Pushmo (P/G)
Crashmo (P/G)
Freakyforms: Your Creations, Alive (P/G)
Super Mario Bros. 3 (P/G)
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (P/G)
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (P/G)
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (P/G)
The Mysterious Murasame Castle (P/G)
Advance Wars on Wii U VC (P/G)
The Legend of Zelda on Wii U VC (P/G)
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (P/G)
Metroid Fusion (P/G)
Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (P/G)
Super Mario Kart (P/G)
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames (P/G)
Yoshi’s Island (P/G)

A decent list, but at this point, you’ll probably already have a number of items on this list already.

Didn’t make platinum so no free Yoshi’s New Island for me or Mario Galaxy 2 (Probably woulda coinflipped between the two).

Thinking of taking Super Mario Bros Deluxe for 3DS for the Gold reward, any good?

As for spending my coins, probably gonna go with Kid Icarus Uprising and Yoshi’s Island.

Its basically OG Super Mario Bros. but with the screen constantly zoomed in due to it being on the GameBoy Color and with a few minor additions like Red Coins and a Stage Map. Or more accurately, its the precursor to those Super Mario Advance games that came out during the early years of the GBA.

my wife was upset at the list of rewards for Platinum status on Club Nintendo. Nearly every game on the list we own in one form or another. She eventually went with New Super Mario Bros. 2 because she doesn’t have it on her 3DS whereas I do. We used to just share the 3DS then she wanted one of her own, but that was the only game we had downloaded on it, so she wasn’t able to play it on her system. However, when she went to get the code, they told her that her gift had already been redeemed. I’ll tell you, when my wife gets angry at Nintendo, she gets very angry.

I probably would have preferred Metroid Fusion or Advance Wars, although in all honesty I wish Nintendo would do more cross-platform download titles like Sony does. If I want to play a VC game I downloaded on one console that is available on the other, I should be able to do that without having to buy it again. My wife bought Final Fantasy IX on her Vita and was able to get it for free on our PS3.

So how is Animal Crossing: New Leaf anyways?

my wife loves it. I haven’t played it. If you like Animal Crossing you’ll probably like it.

Let me rephrase that.

So why would someone who’s never played an Animal Crossing game before, like myself, want to play Animal Crossing: New Leaf?

shrugs you would want to play it because there is a picture of a leaf on it? and it’s got cute animals? and… and… and and and…shrugs I don’t have a clue, I’ve never played the series either. :smiley: