Chuck Jones is rolling in his grave...

Chuck Jones, Bob Clampett, and Tex Avery deserved better than this pile of horseshit excuse of a “new generation” of cartoons.

They took the trademark characters we all love and cherished as children and as adults, raped them, put new “stylish” faces on them, and said that kids would relate to them better.

Yeah. Heres the story… http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6989380/

I just dont know what else to say except I hate them. The douche-bag even admits that the style is the way it is because “kids today are used to seeing anime on tv” FUCKING DONT ANIME-IZE BUGS BUNNY!!!

Yeah, begin flaming now.

Oh yeah, theres also a newgrounds spoof of them. This actually makes it funny though:

Just click the one called “A New Bunny” on the front page, watch and laugh.

This is the third time we’ve seen this.

Doesnt make it any less sickening.

Where have you been for the last like…month?

3 Words…

World Of Warcraft

“We all flipped for it,” David Janollari, president of the Kids’ WB, said this week. “We just said, ‘Wow, what a great way to take the classic Looney Tunes franchise that has been huge with audiences for decades and bring it into the new millennium.”’

What should have been said is “Wow, what a great way to take the classic Looney Tunes franchise that has been huge with audiences for decades and totally screw it up beyond recognition.” :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s not anime-ized. If it were anime-ized I could find Bug’s pupils. They’d be twice as large as they used to be.

But yes, tragic. They all look like they crave the blood of a she-goat.

Yeah this isn’t really anything new. But still you don’t fuck with the classics, like how they ruined the TMNT with that new show…so devastating.

This style kinda reminds me of Batman Beyond… and all those other harsh sharp line characters from all the friggin shows out right now… >_>

“Kids can relate to the new characters better”
This still baffles me…

I guess kids today relate to heroine endused psycho superheros with razor blades for hands and a general color scheme that makes them all seem less original. Oh, and that fight crime cause they are EXTREME!!!

It’s sad but yes, they do.

No… they LIKE them, but they don’t RELATE to them.

Meh, you judge before you’ve even seen the show. For all we know it good be very good. Though doubtful, it very well could be. Everything gets updated at one point or another. The character voices can’t all be done by one man and then slown down or sped up to sound different anymore, so there are new voices. The old jokes can’t always be used so those have had to be updated in the more recent Loony Toons stuff…and the characters had to be updated eventually. Just be glad that this isn’t going to completely replace the original Loony Toons.

I don’t watch much TV so whatever.

This makes me glad that all the series I watched are dead beyond corruption. Haven’t seen any of them outside VHS and DVD since the late 1980s and early 1990s.

I’m probably the biggest fan of kid’s cartoons of anybody on this board, and I still have no idea why the fuck everybody’s panties are in such a bunch over the Loonatics.

Sure, it’s gonna be a shitty spin-off, but shitty spin-offs are nothing new. This can’t be any worse than Baby Looney Toons. Especially since the Loonatics aren’t pretending to be the ACTUAL Looney Toons, but instead are just characters based on the Looney Toons. Baby Looney Toons are supposedly the actual characters. And remember the cartoon Taz-Mania? Where they gave Taz a family and had him working as a bellhop at some hotel in Australia? Shows like that are fucking with the Looney Toon characters. The Loonatics will be deriving characters from the Looney Toon world and sucking in a totally different way.

And to the person who mentinoned TMNT, the new show, while sucky, is MUCH closer to the original comic book series than the 90s show everybody knew and loved.

Bugs bunny hasnt been cool for at least 30 years. to me, he’s sucked ever since they started making him so god damned cocky! With his partly closed eye lids, and his shit eating grin, I hate him so damn much! RRRG!

I kind of like this stupid shitty new style.

What are they going to do next? Make a show about Mecha Charlie Brown?

This show looks like CRAP. All the more reason to hate KidsWB.

MechaCharlie Brown? any form of Charlie Brown sucks!

But that makes me realize that they SHOULD have a robot in there somewhere, just to even things out…or a cyborg Yosemite Sam…

Mecha Charlie Brown. :smiley:

I think this will be good. I mean, hear what people said about Teen Titans? Yeah, that’s a quality television program. People are saying the same about Terror-Toons, or whatever the fuck it’s called.

Man I can’t wait to see this, I’m so stoked.