CHARLEMAGNE TRAVELS TO THE ORIENT KAWAII SUPA THREAD DONKEY DONKEY DONKEY!

go to Club Womb in Tokyo (Shibuya) - preferably on a Friday or Saturday night

edit: this will cost a lot of money depending on how much drinking you did beforehand

edit 2: lol at watching what you say or japanese people will “beat you up” - what a fucking moron. Japan is like the last country in the world you will ever get beat up on unless YOU start the fight and throw the first punch. Japanese people (East Asians in general) are so goddamn passive about everything, it’s frustrating after only being in the country for like 2 weeks. Last NYE I was literally walking down the main street of Shibuya at like 4AM shouting random shit and being a monstrous drunken ass, and at worse I got the awkward smiles and stares that Deedly was talking about. If I can survive multiple trips to a country and not get beat up, I’m sure Charlemagne won’t come anywhere close to danger.

I want to see more Japanese haircuts. Plus, OMG it’s zepp. :smiley: I missed him.

Also, you should bring your passport and deodorant. It’s late but I wanted to say SOMETHING that might pass for relatively “helpful”. Will you need power adapters or converters for your camera? An extra battery?

Take condoms. And yeah, they don’t sell deodorant there iirc.

I have a suitcase dedicated just for condoms. I spent 300 dollars to fill it. But thanks for good advice.

A japanese haircut is where you get an asian woman/women to trim your pubes, and then stick a straw down your pee hole and force the hair into you, and then they remove the straw and try to get the hair out of your penis.

>:( Believe it or not, I don’t act like this irl. Ask anyone from the rpgcali meet. (I believe that is two shots for those of you playing at home)

Yeah, I had kinda assumed that. I was making a joke.

I’m kinda curious Char, is there any advice you’d like to give to yourself? You probably have the best advice here, why are you holding out?

Basically, an adapter’s probably not necessary, and a converter might be. You should check the chords you’ll be using.

Oh yeah right, Japan runs on 100V instead of 120V, so check your power supplies and make sure your chargers are good.

I think Japan has a completely different outlet system than North America so you would definitely need an input converter:

http://www.walkabouttravelgear.com/elect.htm

Something like that. I remember buying one before I went to Europe to charge my GBA. You’ll need it for your laptop for sure.

Do you think you’re going to need to call anyone while you’re there? If so rent a phone.

Are you into seeing some of the traditional things in Japan? If you’ll be in Kyoto I’d suggest going to Kiyomizudera, Ginkakuji, or Kinkakuji. They have some beautiful sights.

Noh is boring as all fuck, but if you want to go for the experience by all means go. You can also find out where they do traditional tea ceremony and check that out.

Also, buying a bus pass while you’re there is convenient. There’s always the chance you’ll hop the wrong bus and wind having to back track for a bit.

Don’t bring your phone. You’ll probably just lose it, and anyway pay-as-you-go sim cards are way too expensive. There are cheap payphones EVERYWHERE in the country that you can use.

Also, jsut don’t bring anything that needs a freaking voltage converter. There is a 99.9% chance your camera charger and laptop charger are already 100-240. There is nothing else you need to bring. Trust me: pack light. You will need a plug adapter for sure, and you can get them at any hardware store, or you can also pick them up in japan once you’re already there. Actually, the plug is identical to the one in the states, but they are almost never grounded, so if you have any three prong grounded plugs, you’ll just need something to convert it to a 2 prong ungrounded USA-style plug.

I laughed out loud at ‘DONKEY DONKEY DONKEY’ and tried to incorporate it into a few sentances over the weekend, I don’t know why.

So, are you and Zepp gonna meet up somewhere?

Zepp’s in Chingchong-land! It’s close, but not the same.

chinese japanese dirty knees look at these

looks at the camera and gives a smirk at whatever it is he just saw, like Jim from the Office