Campaign recruitment

yeah, it’s another D&D campaign, only this time I have all of the stuff for the campaign planned out ahead of tiem and get this, the plot starts right of the bat.

Starting level is 3

Gold is 2000

Hit die is max for the 3 levels.

you can roll your own stats, I trust you not to cheat.
Monks and none core classes can only be selected if you have a really good bio to back them up, same goes for races with ecl or racial hit dice.

I have all info about the world and the various races roles in society, just ask away and I’ll tell you what you want to hear.

For you bio the only requirement is that you’ve volunteered for some reason to clear out the capital cities sewers and the rat problem that’s currently blamed for several people’s disappearences. Whether it’s to destroy the vile beasts, the 100 gold pay offered, or soem other reason you’ve all agreed to help the Kingdom out.

I’m in. 4d6 , dump lowest rolling?

yes normal rolling method.

Just out of curiosity (I’m too unreliable for any group but my current one) what races are allowed? Does that include beast races?

Any non ecl race or race without natural hit die in the core books is allowed, If you want another race you’ll need a good backstory to explain it.

Are lycanthrope characters allowed?

… No Templates to start, it may be possible to aquire them later. Games will be starting this saturday from around 6-9est.

what about Fiends

All races other than the phb races have the good reason and good bio attachment.

Some fiend races (Hezruo, for example) are given in the PH… I think. That might be the monster manual. I don’t know. I don’t buy the books. I’m a Reference Document whore.

EDIT: Yeah, it was the monster manual, never-mind. I’ll also post my character stuff in a couple days.

I forgot all about it VS, sorry… if it was last sunday.

No, the game starts this saturday that in 3 days. channel #adnd2 an hour after gilgamesh’s game which will be around 2:30 est

I’ll try to get my game running for 3 hours, if at all. So that means VS is starting at 6.30

that’s his game ending at 1:30 est if your wondering. So mine would start 2:30 as planned.

You confuse me. I thought you meant my game starts at 2.30 EST. Curse your lack of grammar, and curse your time zone!

I have two questions:

1. Is this just meeting in the RPGC chat?
  2. Are there any alignment restrioctions?

Anyway, this is my first-string character

Name: Csothas
Player: Arac
Class: Monk
Level: One
ECL: 8
Note: I took a low class level to stay closer to the starting level of 3. If I should change this to a Class level of three, tell me, I can level up in a couple minutes, easily.
Race: Mind Flayer
Alignment: Lawful Neutral (unless there are any restrictions against nuetral)
Size: Medium
Height: 1.8 meters (5’11")
Weight: 56 kilograms (123 pounds)
Eyes: Scarlet
Hair: Tentacles?
Skin: Violet

Abilties:
Strength: 20/+5 (rolled 18)
Dex: 20/+5 (rolled 16)
Con: 16/+3 (rolled 14)
Int: 14/+3 (rolled 6)
Wis: 20/+6 (rolled 14)
Cha: 22/+6 (rolled 16)

HP: 11

AC: 8
Touch AC: 8
Flat-Footed AC: 3

Initiative: +4

Saving Throws
Fortitude: 5
Reflex: 7
Willpower: 8

Base Attack: 0
Attack: 5
Grapple: 6
Flurry of Blows: -2/-2

Balance: 9
Diplomacy: 10
Escape Artist: 9
Jump: 9
Perform: Stringed Instrument: 10
Tumble: 9

Feats:
Improved Unarmed Strike
Stunning Fist

Natural Attacks:
4 Tentacles
Attack Bonus: 5
Damage: 1d4 +5 each
Brain Extraction Possible

Special Abilities:
Mind Blast, Psionics (at will).

I need to leave to play in a different DnD campaign now, so I’ll post my bio when I get home.

There are so many things wrong with that character I don’t know where to begin. First of all starting level 3 means starting ecl of 3 making mindflayer a race with absolutely no chance of being accepted. Second of all the Monk class is not allowed period without discussing it with me ahead of time. You cannot have mroe than 4 ranks in a skill at character level 1, and your ac would of been 21 touch, and 21 normal and 16 flatfooted.

In response to your questions no evil alignments are allowed and we do not meet in the rpgclassics chat room but the room #adnd2

The ECL thing I will admit I fucked up on, and should have known. The monk thing was also my bad, sort of, I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to or not. Sorry for not talking to you in advance over a PM, IM, etc, but, in the future, you may want to make that more clear.
Skills: I actually put down the modifiers, so that calculations are faster. The other DM I’m campaigning with now prefers this way, so I’m kinda in the habit, sorry. All the mentioned skills have four ranks.
AC: 18, 18, 13, actually. 3 natural armour, no equiment, and five dex bonus adds up to eight, plus the standard 10 is 18. I’m not sure where you’re getting 21 from.

Anyway, I’ll have a new character in about half an hour or so, all standard things (except maybe race, because I hate the standard races) this time.

okay… Also I didn’t factor in the 3 natural armor and added the monk’s wis bonus to get 21 would actually be 24 21 19. And try not to make your race too exotic.

Oh, right, Wisdom bonus. I forgot about that… Sorry.

I’m actually thinking about either Orc or Hobgoblin barbarian at the moment.