Bureaucracy sucks all.

Maybe it was weapons of mass destruction.

Maybe nothing at all happened, but some random people just started wildly speculating if something could happen. Then some other people thought it did happen, and they started spreading rumors. But that’s just crazy…

Originally posted by Trillian

:open_mouth:

I don’t think it’s false. If it was I wouldn’t have heard teachers whispering about ‘an incident’ (yes, they really did say that) in rooms. #_#

Probably it’s not something as serious as rape though. I don’t know, probably we’ll find out ten years later when someone decides it’s not important anymore…

Originally posted by Silhouette
so some asshole accusing someone of being raped, something that should not be at all funny to any rational person, is worse than someone sexually violating another human being?

That makes absolutely no sense in context of what was being discussed. You seem to think that in the real world, people are magically nice to each other and act in proper, mature and considerate ways to one another and that assholes won’t team up and stigmatize people unjustly (what if the guy who’s accused of rape isn’t the rapist, for example?). That has nothing to do with the actual rape act itself, which is a violation of people’s rights , which is why there’s an investigation in the first place.

The initial problem I was refering to was the lack of information causing very generalized speculation. That’s not as big a problem as the potential stigmatization.

Apparently on the trip one of th teachers went into a boy’s bedroom and did something that could be contrusted as either harmless or molesting. Two other lads said they saw the teacher do it, but NOW they’re saying those two boys weren’t even there when this supposed incident happened.

Well, that cleared that up anyway…

statuatory rape.

Could be. It all depends on what these two liars/witnesses saw/didn’t see. 0_o

That makes absolutely no sense in context of what was being discussed.

It makes perfect sense if you’ve been reading my posts and not deciding automatically that you’re right.

I for one would not like to know when my teachers may or may not be raping me.

hi. My name is sil. I make up for my ridiculously small penis by arguing with anyone and everyone and then bitching and moaning about people behind their backs in the chat. every day. kthxbye.

Zepp , will you marry me?

1. if i did have a below average size penis, i would not care

2. youll find i argue with a small number of people (varan, x). i know its hard to grasp, but 4 people a is slightly smaller fraction than “anyone and everyone”

3. bitching behind someones back [strike]implies[/strike] requires that i professed some sort of respect for sinistral in the first place.

4. he wont marry you, hes too busy being a pretentious fuckwit and a pseudointellectual.

I’m glad that someone else sees what I’ve been noticing. It’d be nice if Sil didn’t dismiss it as ignorance…

Though, to be fair, he’s not compensating for small penis size, I highly believe.

Originally posted by Sinistral
Zepp , will you marry me?
My god, think of the children… THE CHILDREN!

Originally posted by MegamanX2K
Though, to be fair, he’s not compensating for small penis size, I highly believe.
You’re right, his small penis has nothing to do with this!

Originally posted by Trillian

quivers with laughter

Originally posted by Silhouette
[b]

1. bitching behind someones back [strike]implies[/strike] requires that i professed some sort of respect for sinistral in the first place.

[/b]

Talking behind someone’s back implies talking behind someone’s back. I don’t see why you’d have to respect him in the first place. If I only met you once, and once you left I said to my friends “what a fucknut” that’s talking behind your back, even though I don’t know you.

Yo, uh, as for the rape issue, I’m not sure if this is just state-wide or more general, but in a lot of places there are actually laws requiring complete, utter confidentiality in regards to rape cases, because of what Sin just said - it would just cause a lot of stigmatization of people who might be the rapist AND who might be the person who was raped. Like, especially the second one - it’s bad and horrible and disgusting enough if you’ve just been violated like that…but if you have inconsiderate assholes who don’t know shit just trying to soothe their own desperate need for information they don’t need shoving their way into your face when all you want to do is put the incident behind you…well, that’s just hell. Pure and simple.

For the most part (obviously they’re not perfect, but in this respect they’re closer to good than bad), police treat rape very, very seriously, and you can rest assured in general (I know the specifics of this thing were different but just in general) that if there’s potentially a rapist on the loose and the police know about it, they’ll be doing all they can to bring him to justice, and that, frankly you wouldn’t be much help to them anyways.

-Mazrim Taim

what Maz says is correct. I had to have some training / info about this during my RA training over the summer, I heard the same gist of what he’s saying (from a police officer no less).

Originally posted by Mazrim Taim
…but if you have inconsiderate assholes who don’t know shit just trying to soothe their own desperate need for information

There’s a huge difference between being insultingly nosey and curious about what’s going on on the place where I have to spend most of my waking moments.

Since it’s a very serious allegation, I’ve backed the hell away from it anyway.

Well you see, you’re cool - but if there really is a rape-related thing going on at your school, and information about it was made public, you can bet some asshole (cause they’re everywhere) would be getting in people’s faces and generally just making life a potential hell for anybody who might have actually been involved in the incident. So the information is legally required to be kept confidential to protect the people involved from any more suffering they’ve already been put through.

-Mazrim Taim