Bullshit

I’ve been watching Penn & Teller’s Bullshit recently. For those of you haven’t heard of it, it is aired on Showtime. The basic premise of the show is they show facts about stuff most people take for granted as good or true and show other sides to it all. From the episodes I’ve seen they have gone after PETA, recycleing, The Bible, Hollistic medicine and some other stuff. Definatly worth watching it. Anyone seen it?

I like this show just for hearing them blast hollistic medecine.

I don’t think too many people who aren’t in the PETA take the PETA to be good or true.

I was more thinking toward the recycling when I typed that in.

PETA jsut annoys the hell out of me, and it’s a useful punching bag. I’d love to see this.

I’ve seen one episode of this, where they debunked bottled water. It rocked.

I’m looking into the first season DVD as we speak.

That’s definately One I have to see. I just don’t understand the point of bottled water outside of a status thing.

That’s NOTHING. They offered some people at a fancy resteraunt a choice of a variety of fancy foreign “exotic” waters. The people were all talking about the “subtle tastes” and stuff like that.

What they DIDN’T know was that all the bottles were filled up from a garden hose behind the resteraunt.

ah, the power of the mind to make up what it expects to percieve…

Hee. Only fools can’t see the emperor’s new clothes, after all, so we’d better talk about the subtle tastes of the water so that nobody knows we’re fools who can’t taste the difference. :stuck_out_tongue:

Water’s water. There IS no difference.

All I have to say is… I think that Chris Rock is right when he says.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America’s Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn’t want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named ‘Bush’, ‘Dick’, and ‘Colon’.”

This sounds like a brilliant idea for a show. I can see it pissing off a lot of business interests though.

They got like 71 lawsuits for season 1 alone or something crazy like that.

If THAT doesn’t speak worlds for the quality of the show, I don’t know what does. :mwahaha:

I love the chris rock quote though.

The Chris Rock quote is so true though. I mean the proof is in the news, and so much more! I think this world is doomed. Not really, but soon it can just go poof.

Sounds cool, which only makes it all the worse that Showtime isn’t aired here. Stupid Norway.

Browsed through the site a little, it seems very cool. Do their methods seem sound Frame or are they just debunking these with their own bullshit?