Bullet time in Ascii

http://abstract.cs.washington.edu/~renacer/ascii-matrix.html.gz

Somebody’s got a lot of free time on their hands.

<font color="#000000">Not really, there are programs that can convert images to ASCII text.</font>

Yeah, but extracting each frame from the movie takes some free time.

<font color="#000000">There are programs that’ll do that too.</font>

Ok then, WE have a lot of free time for discussing on free time :get it?:

Theeeere you go. You got it right this time :slight_smile:

<font color="#000000">And we have a winner! :p</font>

LOL That’s priceless. It’s also a .edu site. Which means SOMEBODY has some free time. :stuck_out_tongue:

That is clearly done with an automated program. Would have been much better if the bloke had actually put some work into it.

Wow, that’s something all right.

Originally posted by Cala
It’s also a .edu site.

It would be funny if it turned out to be some teacher messing around in exams. They must get bored as hell sitting up there watching us write.

I was about to say who in the hell would have the time and patience for this crap?

Someone bored out of their ind maybe? Hey, if no-one did this kind of thing, the internet would suck. More than it does now I mean.

There are almost 300 frames. It would take days to do one frame. Multiple years man.

Shit, This bloody rocks!

I showed it to my sister, Convo goes like this:
Rud: Em, Check this out.
Sis: …Is that the matrix?
Rud: Yep
Sis: What kind of loser has this much time on their hands?

Originally posted by Pierson
Someone bored out of their ind maybe? Hey, if no-one did this kind of thing, the internet would suck. More than it does now I mean.

My laziness makes itself felt.

Originally posted by Uriel
I was about to say who in the hell would have the time and patience for this crap?
<font color="#000000">My god, doesn’t anyone listen to what I say? There’s no possible way that a person(s) could make something like that without the aid of program(s) that rip frames from movies and program(s) that convert images to ASCII text.</font>

I wonder who made the program in the first place. It must have been pretty hard.

Actually, I’m not sure if the program was all that difficult to write. It just takes an image and replaces different degrees of shading to a certain letter.

Oh yeah, that’s really cool though.

Originally posted by Epicgamer
<font color="#000000">My god, doesn’t anyone listen to what I say?</font>
No they don’t, whoever you are.