Build-A-Bear

There is an underwear section.

I’m with Skankin’ on this one, I would never spend that kind of money on a girl I’m gonna dump in a week, which is every girl (except two) I’ve ever gone out with.

I’ve seen that store in another town. Not here, because my city is filled with cheapskates who like anything that’s free. Not that that’s bad, because most of my family is like that too…The commercials really don’t motivate me to want to make one of those bears though.

Oh, man, I want to EXPERIENCE THE FURRY FUN!!!

The whole concept of Build a Bear is a plushophiliac’s wet dream.

Here’s a lesson from guytalk 101:

Skankin’ Garbage’s previous post went something like this:

If I wanted to get to get a gift for a chick, I’d get them like, some sexy panties or something. But not a bear. And definitely not a bear in sexy panties. …That I built. :stuck_out_tongue:

Notice the last part… “And definitely not a beat in sexy panties. …That I built.” This is a subtle indicator which shows the jocular nature of the comment. Most guys who say things like what are saying such things to get a reaction out of another…usually one that will amuse others, or anger others, which will consequently amuse the person who made the comment.

Now, a similar principle is applied in this post that zeppelin made:

If you think buying a pair of sexy panties will get you laid faster than buying a girl a nice, big, slightly-expensive, custom-designed plushie teddy bear that reminds them of you everytime they see it…

well that explains your lingering virginity.

Read that, and then read this post that a female, one Mystique, made:

SG, I have to agree with zep on this…getting a girl a bear you built yourself, or taking her to build one herself, defintely shows more thought than getting her a pair of underwear. Because it’s more time-consuming, she’ll think you actually give a crap about her, and that’ll get you brownie points. Panties are a nice gift too, but something like Build-a-Bear is a great suck-up gift. :slight_smile:

This law of guytalk makes a seemingly blatant comment into something more cryptic. You see, zeppelin was doing what is known as 'busting one’s balls." In short, it is an application of the principle SG had used in his first post, only directed at a specific person with the intention of getting a similar reaction out of the person. This usually is combined with a similar jocular attitude, and both parties that are privvy to this principle understand that no serious words were exchanged.

Hopefully, this lesson will give you a better insight into the subtlety that goes into ‘guytalk’. Here! Let’s try a sample excersize! Ready?

…Shit Mystique, don’t even TRIP like you wouldn’t want those sexy, sexy panties. Sexy underwear is waaaaaay more thoughtful than a bear. You can USE the panties. Unless you’re gonna use the bear for uh…y’know, then yeah. :stuck_out_tongue: Also, what if I take a long time to buy the panties? That shit can be time consuming if you can’t find something skimpy enough :stuck_out_tongue: All in all, the choice is easy.

Panties > A god damn bear that costed more than the panties

I rest my case. :stuck_out_tongue:

And it better stay resting. oO;;

Stares seriously at Mystique

Cracks a smile.

“Sexy underwear?”

Just open an account at Bank of the West, a lot of the times they have free promotions where they give away stuffed brown bears, then give that to your girlfriend. It worked for me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, on the panties VS bear thing; with bears you have to hear about all the amazing adventures the bear had while you weren’t around, with panties that (hopefully) never happens.

And you’d have to have some serious balls to give someone panties :stuck_out_tongue: Seriously.