Breath of Fire 4: Censored?

I got BoF4 a while ago and I’ve heard around that some scenes have been censored (Something like a decapitation and Nina and Ursula bathing) is this true?

I’m currently in the Hesperia Continent (The SECOND time) and still haven’t noticed any “missing” segments. I’m just curious.

By the way… did I just see Nina get raped? The Manillo merchant in Synesta (Damn I’m bad with names, forgot his) offered to give her a “massage”, Nina screamed (Just a bit) and then the scene switched back to Ryu. I got a little confused by that scene because she doesn’t even mention it afterwards. Is this another censored part?

That does sound a bit weird… But then again, let’s not jump to conclusions. I have yet to see that game, so I don’t know…

I heard about the Nina/Ursula thing too, I heard that it was so they could make the game T so it would sell better. But then again I heard that in some random chat room.

I thought Nina was getting raped in that scene as well… It’s vaguely suggestive

Putting things like that into a game to make it sell more due to rating…

NO WONDER THEY PUT “Mild Alcohol reference” into FFTA

Oh, and the bathing part is… kinda mild. The only noticeable things are the girls’ mugshots. In other news, Ryu just gets shot at as Nina/Ursula suspect Ryu of peeking…

Hey, Nina already saw him naked. Why not the other way around. They’d… kinda… know eachother better right? :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh well. Pity no one makes pirate translations like with the Snes games. I son’t care who gets his head cut, I wanna see it.

Hold a minute… I have a dobutable version of the game in my hands (It’s got a green mario-look-alike logo instead of the usual Play Station logo when you turn it on). Tell me where are these scenes so I can check if my version is pirate or not.

I played BOF 4 (I’m a great fan of the BOF series, except the fifth wich I have yet to play, as I’m not sure I like the changes) and I don’t remember anything really controversial like that. The nude scene was just for humor, nothing censorable.

And I doubt that Nina would get raped, at least not by a loser like that Manillo. C’mon, she kills monsters in combat! More likely, he just got fresh with her, but she, being naive and all, didn’t know what to do about it. After all, she still needed his help.[/spoiler]

More disturbing was, in my opinion,

The fact that an innocent character had to die at her own lover’s hands, and that the villain responsible got away.

Great game, but not everyone may like the ending. The game kinda had an edge to it, it wasn’t a sugar-sweet fantasy (at least, not all the time.)

Originally posted by Wilfredo Martinez
[b]I played BOF 4 (I’m a great fan of the BOF series, except the fifth wich I have yet to play, as I’m not sure I like the changes) and I don’t remember anything really controversial like that. The nude scene was just for humor, nothing censorable.

And I doubt that Nina would get raped, at least not by a loser like that Manillo. C’mon, she kills monsters in combat! More likely, he just got fresh with her, but she, being naive and all, didn’t know what to do about it. After all, she still needed his help.[/spoiler]

More disturbing was, in my opinion,

The fact that an innocent character had to die at her own lover’s hands, and that the villain responsible got away.

Great game, but not everyone may like the ending. The game kinda had an edge to it, it wasn’t a sugar-sweet fantasy (at least, not all the time.) [/b]

The thing that got me confused was the switch between the “Joke” feeling and the “Drama” feeling. Nina being raped seemed a little out of place with the joking-around aura that the game had in that part. Besides from the fact that she doesn’t even seem disturbed afterwards.

[spoiler]Try to crack as few spoilers as possible after the time you arrive to Fou-Lu’s tomb because that’s where I am now (And will be for two weeks until my friend lets me borrow his PSX again.)

One thing else: Was that Mami they used in the Carronade against Fou-Lu?[/spoiler]

Sorry about that, Seraph. But I don’t think I really ruined anything for you, don’t worry.

And, while the game doesn’t say, yeah, I think that was Mami.

The whole concept of the Carronade (and what was done to Nina’s sister) are also “dark” elements in the game. They were there all the time, just not as obvious as the comedy.

Originally posted by Wilfredo Martinez
[b]Sorry about that, Seraph. But I don’t think I really ruined anything for you, don’t worry.

And, while the game doesn’t say, yeah, I think that was Mami.

The whole concept of the Carronade (and what was done to Nina’s sister) are also “dark” elements in the game. They were there all the time, just not as obvious as the comedy.

1. No problem.
  2. Damn. Poor girl.
  3. What was done to Nina’s sister…? Forget it, don’t tell me I’ll see it for myself (By miracle, my Pentium 2 is enough to decently emulate the game).