Blair: the ME is more secure

Yeah, as secure as it gets with US forces in position to attack Iran and Syria and with Afghanistan going down the toilet again. Wheeeeee… -_-. PR campaign mother fuckers.

Unfortunately, they’re motherfuckers with some decent PR.

What? It’s not like he’d say it isn’t- that just wouldn’t go over too well. I’m not overly surprised.

Granted, it would not have been a big popularity booster to say “Yanno what? We fucked up.” Not to mention it’s piss off His Majesty.

The Queen is nothing more than a political figurehead. She has no real power anymore so the only thing pissing off her would do would be to turn public opinion against Blair a bit. And that wouldn’t work either- we’ve seen how good of an orator Blair is; he could quickly fix the problem with a speech or two.

Not HER Majesty. I know how you refer to the Queen.

I mean Bush. :slight_smile:

Oh, hah =P. Bush’s speechwriters would come up with sometihng in a miserable attempt so save his ass. Sadly, I think it’d work too.

all considering, yeah it’d probably work.

Originally posted by Kagon
The Queen is nothing more than a political figurehead. She has no real power anymore so the only thing pissing off her would do would be to turn public opinion against Blair a bit.

The Queen does still have the right to dissolve parliament if she chooses to do it. The chances of it happening in this day and age though are VERY slim.

Originally posted by Kagon
Oh, hah =P. Bush’s speechwriters would come up with sometihng in a miserable attempt so save his ass. Sadly, I think it’d work too.

It would work because the majority that would vote against Bush in an upcoming campaign is far too lazy to vote.

And they’re out of the US too.

Of course the Middle-East is more secure. Who’d want to start meddeling around with a couple of hundred-thousands coaliation forces whirling up the dust somewhere in Iraq?

Anyway. I don’t think Bush has to make a miserable attempt to save his ass: Not as long as the wast majority of Americans continue to live in their ignorant bliss. Actually. There is someone he has to save his ass from, and that is the creditors.