Big Bang

Thanks for the link, man: very interesting and accessible.

RC, the Bi[STRIKE]n[/STRIKE]g Bang theory is a perfect occasion for many to claim that religion > science

I can get that except they both still fail to explain ultimately where everything came from. What created the gases, etc for the Big Bang? What/who created the creator God, etc? Looks like the answer to both is a “dunno”.

Close. The answer to the first is “We don’t know” with an ominous “…yet” appended. The answer to the second is that there is no god.

In all of my science classes that discussed this, they said that the universe expands and contracts over eons, so eventually we’ll go back to being teeny, then get huge again. Idk if this is the most up to date, or if the previously mentioned "the universe will get bigger until everything dies’ thing is the ‘correct’ idea right now.

Along with wondering about where the big bang started and who made God, i wonder about the universe. nothing goes on forever. There has to be something aroung the universe. and whats around that? There has to be an end, but there can’t be.

My brain hurts.

So this is a simplified version of my current understanding of the phenomenom via remembering classes and reading a couple of online articles. The universe was an ultra-dense high-engery object that experienced miniscule expansions and contrations due to the amount of energy contained in it. At one point the expansions just went a tad over the one of the objects “limits.” The unbalanced pressure caused within and the complete lack of pressure without (space) caused it to explode/expand rapidly.