beta request

I want to ask for someone to beta read a FF 7/ post CT fanfic, e-mail me and i’ll send you the nitty-gritty.

Well, if you post it here, everyone who reads this thread and story will be able to proofread it for you :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, the advice people give you is really good. Just don’t take offense at criticism we give you. points to Sorc’s thread

Hehe. Generally we aren’t that nasty though.:slight_smile:

Here they are then, Summery and first chapter pre-stuffed for your convienience, I need to know first of all what would make a
good title.

Takin a look now. I’ll get back to you in about ten mins.

Here ya go. Just some minor grammer and spelling errors.

First off, don’t you think it might be easier just to copy and paste the story? O_o

Second, the review:

It’s an okay story. There are some small errors, but it’s too hard to understand. I can’t tell if it’s Elena or Lucrecia who’s narrarating, and when is this taking place? You say the narrarator is on the ship, but Lucrecia and Elena are NEVER on the Highwind during FFVII.

It takes place when they’re all finding the reason to fight and the narration is kinda jumpin’ around really

P.S. Peir’s u gotta put it back in .txt md I can’t read .doc’s

That would be all well and good, but you need to describe who’s narrarating, otherwise readers are going to become disinterested.

When is this taking place during FFVII, and where are the narrarators speaking from?

That OK?

Omega: This should solve the narriation problem once and for all,
location’s I’ve decieded should’nt matter so much, can I please have my kitten back?

Peirson: Thanks for the convert’ though I decided to fix it myself,
I just wanted to be sure of sumthin, BTW have u ever tried viewing a .doc as a .txt? Just one more reason to dump MS word
and switch to textpad!

OOPIUE:
Forgot the file, so here’s the list.
Lucrecia
Shera
Vincent
Reeve
Barret
Rude
Elena
Tifa
Cloud
Nanaki
Yuffie
Reno

Should’nt have been so confusing, really.

Now that I can understand the story, this is really good. Still, there are just a few things you need to correct:

Read my last post more carefully. WHEN is this taking place during FFVII? Is it taking place at different times for each character? You need to make a setting for each character, and you need to tell who is narrarating; you can’t just make a list for each character and expect readers to follow them. For instance, for Barret you might want to put something like:

“I, Barret, had formally been the leader of AVALANCHE in Midgar. Not that I wasn’t anymore, but it seemed a much more important position now that we were about to fight a false god in the making.”

That doesn’t sound like something somebody would just say, Omega :stuck_out_tongue: Or even think, for that matter. There’s natural introductions, there’s mechanical and icky introductions, and there’s no intruductions and assumption that the reader had some idea of what the story was gonna be about when they clicked “FF7 Fanfic” :stuck_out_tongue:

Not in so many words of course but he’s right it would really boost my word count, thanx.

This should be a bit better-Wielia let me know if I should send it in-still need a name for it:

Well Cless, it was the best thing I could think of. :stuck_out_tongue:

Zidane, still getting better, and no offense, but I’m starting to get a little annoyed:

Originally posted by OmegaflareX
Read my last post more carefully. WHEN is this taking place during FFVII? Is it taking place at different times for each character? You need to make a setting for each character, and you need to tell who is narrarating; you can’t just make a list for each character and expect readers to follow them. For instance, for Barret you might want to put something like:

You didn’t put anything about the time, which makes it confusing. You really ought to consider putting something in third person like “As Barret stared over the Highwind at the rapidly approaching Crater…” because (Barret) shows almost no writing skill.

?dnatsrednu ton uoy nac hcum os rettam tndluohs dedeieed ev’I s’noitacol of trap tahW Seriously, I agree about Barret, though, I have to fill that gap somehow…

The problem for the very beginning was like Omega said that I had to wildly guess at some of the narrators, and a couple I couldn’t even figure out. It’s much better now, but follow Omega’s advice a little further, kay? :slight_smile:

I would if knew what I was doing when I sit down and start typing, but I’m one of those zen writers you know?