Best Battle System

Final Fantasies are mostly rehashes of the last. I’d have to go with Crono Cross for originalities sake.

Originally posted by SquallStrife
:stuck_out_tongue:
i found the FF7 battle system the best 'cus i really liked the fact that there were limit breaks in it. also it was the first battle system that had multiple camera angles to it.
<br>
the FF8 battle system was really good as well because u could press R1 right when u attack so it would make more damage.

hurrr my name is squallstrife huuurrrr… i’m not ver bright huurrrr

FFX i think had the best… FF VII was close but I found the materia system to be to simple and the FFVIII magic system to complicated…

I think FFX’s was best too. I liked how the Sphere Grid allowed some customization of all the characters. My best friend’s Yuna hit maximum with her physical attack and killed the end boss in one hit! I also like how it showed the order of attacking the side of the screen. I think it adds more strategy because now you know you have x amount of time before the enemy attacks. Switching characters in battle is another plus.

Tactics is definatly the best, but since it wasn’t there, i voted for FF6

FF4 definately… because it’s simple, yet enjoyable. And the fact that you learn your spells through gaining levels instead of buying them.

The only game I can remember in which you bought spells was FF5, and even still you had to level up to use them. I suppose you kinda had to buy Materia in FF7 and Equipment to learn from in FF9, but it still wasn’t like buying the spells.

i voted 10, FF9’s battle system reminded me of FF4’s. It would take forever to cast a spell you needed NOW. Plus, switching out characters in combat (like in BoF) is great. And Heaven’s was right, i didn’t like paying MP to use limitbreaks.

The complete lack of a class system in 2, 7, & 8 made them all less enjoyable I think. And not even having levels in 2 was more than I could take. That and having stats go DOWN. It’s even worse than having the monsters level up when you do (as in 8). I enjoyed 3 because you could change the characters class when you needed to. Variety is the spice of life as they say. Of course, since that wasn’t on the list I had to find another choice. I’m a little surprised noone has voted for crono trigger.

Note to Jenova’s Witness: You had to buy spells in FF1.

Okay, figures. That’s one I haven’t played.

And yeah, Chrono Trigger had a really fun battle system, but for some reason I prefer some FFs. Chrono Cross had a very fun (albeit strange) system also. If I were to rank the ones I’ve played.

FFX
FFV
FFVII
Chrono Cross
Chrono Trigger
FFIX
FFVI

FFIX and VI have rather boring ability systems, so that’s why they’re at the bottom (note that this is battle system, not overall. Of course, if it were overall, FFVI would still be at the bottom, but FFVII and IX would be higer up, as would Chrono Trigger.

Post number 100… which is something like 900 if it weren’t for the worm… there’s no way I’m getting 900 more posts for a custom title…

You could start posting on the main boards again, Jenova.

I suppose I could. I realize I’m not accomplishing squat, and sometimes I do feel like going back. At this point it’s more of a pride thing. I’m curious as to why you mention this here though. It was never that I couldn’t, it was that I chose not to. But again, what brought you to mention this?

The best battle system i can remember is from the Seiken Densetse series. But from there, Chrono Cross.

Originally posted by Jenova’s Witness
I suppose I could. I realize I’m not accomplishing squat, and sometimes I do feel like going back. At this point it’s more of a pride thing. I’m curious as to why you mention this here though. It was never that I couldn’t, it was that I chose not to. But again, what brought you to mention this?

The fact that your saying you’re never going to make 1000 postes and this is the only forum you post in. (Maybe a few others) I was there when you said you wouldn’t go to the main forum too. :slight_smile:

I suppose, but I’m hoping that if I get 100 more I can ask for a custom title seeing as how I had 800 something before the worm.

After the first worm, in the main forum,there was a thread that got people back their custom titles. You had to have previously had 800 if im not mistaken. :slight_smile:

At least 800. If I’m not mistaken it was in the 830s, but I’m not gonna push it.

That does sound right, but you lost the chance. Thats what happens when you never go to a certain forum.

I rember when you refused to go into the main forum. I’ll say the same thing I said when you left: Don’t take anything too seriously. There’s no need to get all emotional and stuff around here. We’re all just trying to have fun. Come on back, it’ll be fun.

Fine, I’ll do it later, but the second anyone says I’m pulling an Alwyn, I’m gone.