Best Battle System

Which game had the best battle system in it?

IMHO, I think that Chrono Cross has the best battle system in it(Not to mention great and confusing story)

FF5. being able to choose your own abilites is a good thing for me…

:stuck_out_tongue:
i found the FF7 battle system the best 'cus i really liked the fact that there were limit breaks in it. also it was the first battle system that had multiple camera angles to it.
<br>
the FF8 battle system was really good as well because u could press R1 right when u attack so it would make more damage.

You forgot FF tactics

the whole game was about the battle system

oh yeah, good point. well i guess that’s the end of this thread then…

The materia system was easily the best. You were able to customise your characters like never before in an FF. It was also one of the hardest to use proficiently though, one or two well placed materias and you were almost godlike, but if you made one slip-up your character could be very weak. I think that system is easily the best.

Since it was the very first FF I played, I guess I like the FF7 battle system the best. But I like almost all of the battle systems, since they are easy to get use to, and to master.

The only one I didn’t like was FF9, since you could never save your limit breaks, so they were usually useless!!

I liked FF7. It’s easy enough to pick up and play, but it’s deep enough to majorly impact how well your characters perform. That and the limit break system in that game was the best out of all of them since it had the most amount of limit breaks, and had the limit gauge.

FF9 isn’t on, but I voted FF7.

how come you put every FF game from the main series in and left out 9!?:fungah:

Originally posted by SquallStrife

probably because he’s another of those people who’s biased against IX…

I’m all for FFX. Being able to switch characters in and out of the active battle team is the best idea to come along since they started up with job systems and active time battles. The flaw within how FFX was that only people who took part in the battles got experience (AP), which annoyed me to no end, because some characters were clearly better suited for you average random encounter than others.

even though ffx isn’t my favorite ff game, i have to admit the character switching, turn based fights was very good

Originally posted by RoguePaladinTrian
The flaw within how FFX was that only people who took part in the battles got experience (AP)
I thought that was a good thing, makes no sense to gain exp without participating in the fight

You missed FF3 FF9 and FFT, the three best ones. Out of what you put up there, I’d say FF5.

I picked FFX. The Sphere Grid is so much fun. It’s like a board game within an RPG. To be perfectly honest though, I didn’t expect that it would be quite that high. It’s closely followed by FFV.

I am DEFINITELY not a big fan of FFs. However, out of the FFs I’ve played (which is FF1, FF2, FF3, FF4, FF5, FF6, FF7, FF8, FF9, FFX, FFT and FFMQ), FFX takes the cake for the best battle system. Like RPT said, the fact that you can switch in and switch out characters practically at will simply is the best addition to an FF, ever.

The rest, except maybe the Nintendo FFs, were all retwinkings of former battle systems. FF5 was a retwinking of FF3, because the only thing they added was the fact that you can keep abilities.

FFT’s battle system is clearly the best

I like the FFVII battle system. With materia you could easally become god-like. It gave me a goal to persue in it… I felt that trying to get every materia abd mastering it was so pleasing. The limit breaks are my favorite since you could change which one you want andt was an extra challenge to find each characters level 4 limit break. GO OMNISLASH!

I voted FF7, it was the first FF I played and I thought that the battle system was very good. The limit breaks in 7 were some of may favourite. I also liked the materia system, I found it was one of the better magic systems in the series. However, I have not yet played any FF’s other than 6-10, but I will damn it!

Originally posted by SquallStrife

FF9’s system wasn’t too original

My bad for forgetting tactics:thud: