Azumanga Daioh

Anyone seen? Any thoughts?

ZZZzzzzzZ says:
I dunno, I thought it was cute, but most people in the anime club complain about having to watch it.

(I have no opinion so I paste the opinions of others)

I really like it- it’s quite funny.

I’ve seen all of it and read what’s out. I absolutely love it. It’s funny, but very, very laid back. I always fall asleep during it, I find it so relaxing (especially the yawning epidode. For reasons that, just by what I called it, should be obvious). Just a cute, harmless little series.

I’ve read what’s out.

It’s good times.

I want to see this. Know any torrents/links/IRC channels?

Try www.suprnova.org. Or I can recomend searching on Direct Connect.

I’ve watched some of Azumanga Daioh. To be honest, I didn’t like it as much as some do. The jokes seem a bit too slow, and it feels a bit stretched out to me sometimes when they’re doing a particular piece.

On the other hand, the manga is great. Probably the funniest I’ve ever read, and much better than the anime version, or many other animes. The manga is done in comic book format (that is, each part has four panels running from top to bottom), and yet again proves “brevity is the soul of wit”. I really can’t think of a manga that actually makes me laugh out loud so often…not just chuckle, or smirk to myself, or think “heh, that’s funny”. I’ve shown the first two manga novels to a friend of mine who had the whole series, and he liked the manga more, too. :smiley:

Which reminds me. Kagon, if you’re reading this, you will read these this summer. I will force-feed them to you, if necessary.