Attention all b182 fans . . .

http://www.fanscape.com/home/artist...LINK182&mid=833

this is blink 182’s new song, ‘Feeling This’, from their new album due November 18th.

Check it out, it’s awesome . . . (requires RealPlayer)

I’m a Blink fan, but unfortunately that’s a broken link.

Whoa, there is such a thing? I thought Blink 182 fans were a mere fairy tale of days when they had good music…which, in and of itself is a mere fairy tale.

Meh, Blink 182 are okay. I like Adam Song or whatever.
<!-- Guh, you and CC are fucking music nazis. I swear. -->

Originally posted by Sorcerer
Whoa, there is such a thing? I thought Blink 182 fans were a mere fairy tale of days when they had good music…which, in and of itself is a mere fairy tale.

Look, you listen to Metallica, which in itself tells me our musical tastes are far apart. But I’ve never ripped on your headbanger stuff, so leave my punk alone.

Hah, blink 182, heh, mod-punk.

I hate blink 182 AND Metalica, thats how punk rock I am.

I like Blink 182, but I hate all that other crap that tries to rip them off, like Sum41 and Avril Lavigne and Good Charlotte and such.

The links broken, no matter, my computer wouldn’t accept it anyway.

EDIT: Try this http://www.fanscape.com/home/artists.aspx?genre=POP%2FPUNK&bandcode=BLINK182

Look, you listen to Metallica, which in itself tells me our musical tastes are far apart. But I’ve never ripped on your headbanger stuff, so leave my punk alone.

Now I don’t care for Metallica. But they are a heavy metal group. I like some metal bands just not alot of them. My main focus is punk. However Blink 182 is not punk. They use some punk elements such as “hair dyeing, and tattoos”, but they really aren’t a punk band. If you want something like them that’s alright try listening to the “Decendents” or the “Buzzcocks.” Then you can see what I’m talking about. It has all the hopeless love things that people like and and actuall melody.

You call Blink 182 punk? Please. Blink 182 is not punk, they are pop trash that get the school girls all giddy.

Bad Religion, Anti Flag, Dead Kennedys - that’s punk.

Nice one. Blink sucks, my friend even has some of their early albums, and even the early stuff sucks. They’re just another bunch of idiots who think they’re punk because they dyed their hair and bought a spike bracelet.

30 year olds singing about teenage rebellion.

Anyway, they have a right to listen to what they want. We just don’t like the band.

Wow, didn’t expect this much replies to this post already . . .

y’see, my friend is helping to advertise for b182’s new (he’s been chosen to be entered in some sorta contest by a street team or somethin’) And I’m helping him . . .

the problem is, I think he gave me the incorrect link. I know nothing about Blink, n’or do I have Real Player, so I dunno where the link’s supposed to go (although I assume it’s not supposed to be a “file not found” page :P).

why am I doing this for him you ask? So i can keep the PSX I borrowed from him for another while of course =D. I’ll get the proper link as soon as I can.

You call Blink 182 punk? Please. Blink 182 is not punk, they are pop trash that get the school girls all giddy.

I think its technically considered pop-punk or power-pop. On another not Blink 182 is nothing like Sum 41. except (41x2=82).
I have nothing against Blink though, they’re funny guys (though immature). And come on their music isn’t that bad

Blink 182 are a punk band. I admit, their latest albums slide more towards the alternative, but that’s okay since I like some alternative stuff too. Their old albums are much more garage punk.

You say Anti-Flag, Dead Kennedys and Bad Religion is punk. Yes, that’s fairly and obviously true, and they’re all great bands. But the label ‘punk’ can be applied to a wide array of artists who all take the same style of music and add their own twist on it. So you’ve got a lot of subgenres. For example, Minor Threat is worlds apart from The Offspring. But they’re both punk bands. Christie Front Drive don’t sound shit like Taking Back Sunday. It’s a long walk from MXPX to NOFX.

But all these bands share the same elementary style and influences, if not attitude, that are the base of a punk band.

You say Anti-Flag, Dead Kennedys and Bad Religion is punk. Yes, that’s fairly and obviously true, and they’re all great bands. But the label ‘punk’ can be applied to a wide array of artists who all take the same style of music and add their own twist on it. So you’ve got a lot of subgenres. For example, Minor Threat is worlds apart from The Offspring. But they’re both punk bands. Christie Front Drive don’t sound shit like Taking Back Sunday. It’s a long walk from MXPX to NOFX.

All I have to say that all the shit we hear on the radio today, is just this co-opted crap. All of it has been drained of any social or anti-establishmnet characteristics. You get these kids who write the name of a band that broke up 20 years ago and they think they are punks. But they are just as conservative as any Republican. You can go and tell me the Buzzcocks didn’t have any political songs but as it goes, they were punks. Those guys were even nice enough to give a free show this summer. Safety pins and ‘Fuck Nazis’ shirts aside, they even cared about the well being of the audience stop between sets to make sure no one was getting hurt. I guess my main gripe is that most people don’t understand where this music is coming from. Well thats my rant.

hell yes, the buzzcocks are amazing. i saw them at a really little show in the summer, and they rocked me.

music whores. Everyone has their own definition of what music is what. None are right, none are wrong. leave it alone.

Yeah, I’m a music snob. I don’t like anything that’s regularly played on the radio, or that no one has heard of.

Power pop is NOT Blink 182. Power pop is Sloan and Teenage Fanclub (awesome band).

And yeah, punk is a broad category. Though ‘commercial punk’ (blink 182, good charlotte) is different than the rest. Much worse, also.

Blink isn’t commercial Punk. Blink is Pop-Punk.

Originally posted by Amerycinsycho
I guess my main gripe is that most people don’t understand where this music is coming from.

Well, technically the genesis for all things punk came from overseas. Then went big in the late seventies, then sunk back into underground obscurity. Then underwent a long period of change in the eighties and early nineties. Then surfaced again in the midnineties before being smothered beneath the wave of teen pop. Then ‘Enema of the State’ blew it wide open again and over the turn of the millenium punk slowly took over the mainstream. And of course, no doubt in a few years punk will once again sink beneath the waves of popular music before coming up for air once again changed. Or perhaps reverted back to what it used to be. Who knows. Although really, I can’t say it will change back into what it used to be considering there are still many bands who represent those earlier stages.