Are you looking forward to the new television season?

We had The 4400 here too, and I saw most of the series, for once. I don’t tend to watch a load of TV.
It was mainly centered around a few of the people who were abducted during the 50 years, and what has been happening to them. There is also a very large black/white struggle evident in a lot of the episodes, and in fact two of the people who were abducted (a black man and a white woman) marry, and the white woman becomes pregnant. This is a big kick-up, and they move to an area which a quite rich black man has made for those who do not mind living among either black or white.They live there until they find out something… a little shifty about there place’s owner
I can’t remember so much about the happenings during the series, although toward the end - the people start to discover different things about themselves which are affecting the people around them, and how they are really altering their surroundings. The final episode show the 3 main characters taken down onto a beach, where one is abducted and shown what all of the abductions and powers were meant to mean.
In the future, there has been a sort of ‘World War III’ which broke out, and the world mostly has been destroyed. A group of people banded together then to go back in time, and take the people forward to ‘imbue’ them with the powers which can stop the war, or even stop it from beginning. The 4400 were taken into the future, imbued with these special powers by the technology there, and then placed back into the society in the present.

The second series starts off with the baby of a couple of the 4400.

Ninten:cool:

The 4400 is a good series, I must say. It reminds me a bit of a Stephen King kind of idea personally. Probably because USA, the people who show it, have a whole series based on a Stephen King book too. I’m talking about The Dead Zone. I heard it was good, and hopefully I’ll be able more of it.

Lex: Actually, there’s been PLENTY of aquatic “Alien” movie rip-offs, Leviathan is just one of them. That’s why I’m not impressed by Surface (so far.)

CORRECTION: I confused “Surface” with “Fathom”- the later is based in a female Aquaman-type hero from the comics, it’s being developed for TV. Similar themes but different stories. Might check it out.

Ninten: Thanks for the 4400 spoilers. Yeah, I’m the kind who LIKES to find out things ahead of time. I don’t enjoy mysteries very much. Maybe bacause I usually find them disappointing; the secret of 4400 sounds original, tough. Although I have to wonder how sending people with psychic powers to the past will prevent a World War.

Mullencamp: The TV version of the Dead Zone is great, although I lost track of it due to changes in programming and haven’t seen it in a while. Gotta check it out again.

Has anybody been watching “The Closer” on TNT? I’ve only caught the last few episodes, with the last of the summer season coming on tonight, but it’s really a very riviting show. Kyra Sedgwick is doing a hell of a job.

I’m mostly looking forward to new episodes of The West Wing and Family Guy, but I’ll take new episodes of SVU and original Law & Order (though it’s hard watching it with out Brisco… RIP, Jerry Orbach).

I love C.S.I. not so much NY and I can’t believe its almost time for C.S.I. Chicago, but that will happen next season, before long there will be a CSI everywhere

What can I say, Family Guy. I’m not a big fan, but American Dad also has its moments. I’ve never seen Patrick Stewart do comedy before (for a good reason perhaps?), so this should be interesting.

Nope.

He was the voice of the villin in the Jimmy Neutrom Movie too. He’s okay, but he tends to over do it.

Kay, I’m not pointing fingers at anyone in particular, but if there’s a show called “Call Me Joe” and at the same time there’s one called “My Name Is Earl” which is about the EXACT same thing - a comedy about a guy who tries to get all his wrong - doings off his chest by appoligizing to everyone he’s, well, wronged, in the words of TrkJac. That just doesn’t make sense that they would seriously knock each other off like that, especially airing themselves at the same time. I think you were just talking about “My Name Is Earl” cause you seem to be unsure of the title.

No, not at all and I’ve only two channels.

I don’t really watch much TV outside of sports and Family Guy.

I am psyched for the new football season though. Go Patriots! Repeat again!