Anyone getting a DS?

Too many game boys. I have like, 5 already.

It’s not a Gameboy! >:O

Yes, yes it is. That’s why it’s called a GAMEBOY DS. See the gameboy in there.

Even if it is still a Gameboy, comparing the DS to any other iteration is like comparing the original black-and-white brick to the GBA.

They have a cerain similiar look about them to me, so that is a completely fair comparison.

I’ll probably get it when something new comes out and they lower the price. Until then I’ll just work on getting an SP and another game of some sort.

Its actually called “Nintendo DS” and doesnt even have “gameboy” anywhere in the title. Nor anywhere on the box.

So, while it is a nintendo handheld, it isnt a gameboy.

I think they should have called it the Gameboy DS. I grew up with Gameboys (I still have my brick), and it would have been a nice little touch for us nostalgic asses.

I’d like one, but seeing my financial situation and the uptmost priority the PS2 has on my list, the only way I’m going to be able to actually play the games without resorting to prostitution is emulating.

I plan on getting it for christmas with Mario DS and maybe Mr. Driller. A friend of mine got it already and came over, and I must say that it kicks ass. :smiley:

What the hell is Mr. Driller? And no Darkness, it’s not a Gameboy DS. Maybe you should look into the light, so you can see! harharhar

The DS is NOT the new gameboy. The new gameboy is going to be unveiled at the next E3 probably. The DS is an offshoot of gameboy, to be combined with the Revolution.

You can’t use the DS for crystal chronicles. It says so right in the instruction book :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Darkness Becons, its not called the Gameboy DS, fool. Have all the car bombings made you blind? (kidding ;P)

And izlude, wow, all the points you made in your first point are very original and well thought out! Did you think them all up on your own? Because your comments are just hilarious, and i’ve never heard them before! Oh how well you pass judgement on a system you don’t own. *snuggle

Ramza: There is a GBA version, you should download the ROM and check it out, gameplay probably won’t change. I’m looking forward to it, but with AC, MarioKart, and Metroid coming out right at the same time, i will probably pass it over :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There’s also a rip-off of it here

Dev: I did it with you in mind, my goal was to impress you. blush

is this true? where did you hear this? I want the new gameboy, not this pile of crap! although it IS awsome, and feel the magic IS one of the coolest games i’ve ever played. its like wario ware, only you do the stuff for this hot sillouette chick.

EDIT: >_>

Nintendo has always said since the unveiling of the DS that it is not the sequel to the Gameboy. I don’t know where you can find an exact quote of this, but i remember hearing when the DS first was unveiled. Since the Revolution is going to be unveiled next E3, i’d assume the next gameboy will be too.

I’ve never been a fan of hand-held consoles, however the announcement of FFIII is a great incentive. Perhaps in a couple of years I can get it dirt cheap.

Yes. Yes they have. I just don’t like to talk about it.