Another Video Game Lawsuit

I am already getting tired at all this “games currupt children and it trains them to kill people”

1-Just like Evangelion said the kids are stupid for letting the game influence them.

2-The parents are stupid for not watching and actively take part in the kids activities,if something happens its somethings fault not ours.

3-Wal-Mart s stupid if they sold the games to the minors if not the parents for not watching the ratings,they are their for something.

Originally posted by Dalton Of Zeal
It will be a sad day when I see that parents start blaming RPGs for their kids problems.

Few may remember this, but they already did. A boy who jurdered his friends back in the late 90’s was said to have been playing violent games that Mortal Combat, etc etc, and Final Fantasy VII before he did it. I kid you not.

Originally posted by Mastermune
3-Wal-Mart s stupid if they sold the games to the minors if not the parents for not watching the ratings,they are their for something.

At that age, kids don’t have $$$ to buy games, the parents usually do, meaning it’s likely the parents bought the game in the first place.

Honestly, this whole ‘My child killed someone/hurt themselves/damaged property/etc.’ is really starting to tick me off. Obviously you’re pretty stupid if you don’t know what the heck your child is playing or doing or anything of the sort.

This reminds me of the whole incident with that one kid who jumped from a hotel roof and shattered his legs in an attempt to recreate a stunt he saw on ‘Jackass’. The parents were all crying on the media saying, “This is the show’s fault! This is MTV’s fault! This is the media’s fault and I’m gonna sue!” When everyone knows that the show places warnings before the show starts and such.

And I don’t care if you’re 10. You have enough common sense to know right from wrong. So don’t try to blame your wrong-doings on a game that is well-known for its rather mature content.

Its getting old and I wish parents of these idiot children knew that, while suing a company may get you the money and such for what a child did, it will in no way make up for the stupidity that they possess.

I’m done with my rant. Good day.:wave:

They should blame those who’s fault it actually is: The parents, the sales clerk who sold minors an adult game, and themselves for not being able to read - the game is clearly marked as mature.

If not, I’m going to start blameing innocent things for all the bad things I do.

Next thing we know bush will be blaming video games for going to war with Iraq.

This crap will only stop when parents actually, godforbid, PARENT THEIR KIDS! For christ sake, if you cant teach a kid “Friends good, murder bad” than you probably should smack yourself across the face and re-examine who is the bad influence on the child…

Hm
There’s a rant that kinda pertains to this.
Warning: Harsh language used in a funny way by an anthropomorphic guy who’s freaking hilarious.
2rant.

My parents hate my violent games, but they don’t sue the industry over it. They don’t blame video games for things I do wrong; they blame me. And in fact, it IS my fault when I screw up, so they’re technically right.

Too bad the rest of the parents out their won’t listen.

Originally posted by Steve
Hm
There’s a rant that kinda pertains to this.
Warning: Harsh language used in a funny way by an anthropomorphic guy who’s freaking hilarious.
2rant.

fucking awesome

It’s not really about video games, but it’s along the exact same lines.

Funny. Japan has the same fucking games we do, and they don’t seem to shoot each other willy-nilly.

Watch Michael Moore’s Bowling for Colimbine (spell check)

Originally posted by BlueMageOne
Watch Michael Moore’s Bowling for Colimbine (spell check)

Yeah. Thats essentially where I got that from. :stuck_out_tongue:

If there’s one thing my games have taught me, it’s that no problem can’t be overcome with enough firepower. Why, just the other day some punk ass guy was all in my face because I cut in front of him at the grocery store. So I pulled my MAC-10 and iced the bitch. Then the cops came for me, but I’ve played Max Payne 2 so much that I’ve mastered the skill of Bullet Time, and I ran circles around them while they floundered in slow motion. Then I hijacked a cop car using what I learned from GTA3 and ran twenty people over on the way home.

Originally posted by Cybercompost
Funny. Japan has the same fucking games we do, and they don’t seem to shoot each other willy-nilly.

Probably due to the fact that Japan has stricter gun control than we do. Actually, I think it might even be illegal for civilians to own guns.

And once again, we see that we can sum up all of what we are feeling with a good PA strip: