Anime about Mahjong

I actually found <b>two</b>. They’ve done anime about baking, basketball, babysitting, figure skating, go, boxing, and teaching, and now they’ve moved on to gambling.

One’s called Akagi, and is dark and awesome despite a shitty ending.
The other one’s called Saki and is ongoing, and is also fanservicey and HOLY SHIT DRAMATIC SCENES and so should only be watched if you’ve either played mahjong before (and no, not the one where you match tiles; that’s like comparing Poker to Solitaire) or have already watched Akagi, where they explain a lot of the hands.

So anyway, I don’t know if anyone else is interested in this game, but if you are, watch Akagi at least.

I doubt that there are only two Mahjong animes out there.

Most likely though, they exist in the same realm that most mahjong video games reside in (and by that I mean Strip Mahjong).

I didn’t know there were other Mahjong games than the matchey tile kind. You learn so much on the internet

You forgot to mention the anime about Go :wink:

Hikaru no Go’s ending was almost as bad as Akagi’s :<

Almost, but not quite.

Everything I know about mahjong I learned from watching anime, and I’m enjoying saki.

Although, I wonder what the hell is with the Mahjong players going magical girl transformation in the opening movie.

Belleair Bluffs, United States (IBwire.com - October 16, 2009) Florida’s premier Authorized Dealer of luxury timepieces, Harold Freeman Jewelers now offers the complete collection of the Patek Philippe Ladies Twenty~4watchesand jewelry. Known as the very finest in high-end luxury watches, Patek Philippe offers the most popular Ladies timepiecetoday, the Patek Philippe Twenty~4. The Twenty~4 was launched in 1999 as a modern interpretation of the Gondolo. The Ladies Twenty~4 was created for the refined, active woman of today. The Twenty~4 reflects perfection in craftsmanshiRelated Info Download RSS http://www.watch567.com