Amityville Horror

This is the scariest movie I’ve ever seen. If you enjoy watching scray movies, I strongly suggest watching it. Holy Molley! :hyperven:

The Amityville Horror: “We based this movie on a true story by completely ignoring what really happened!”

I know that it was based on an exageration of a true story that was made into a movie and that this is the remake, but this seriously awesome. Remake or not, it still will scare 90% of the people who watch it. I say 90 because I’m sure some of you think your tough, but I watched a hard core gang member buckle in fear of this. Well, he’s not really hard core, as that he lives in the ghetto and says he’s been shot at more than most men on active military duty.

The Amityville house was never haunted. That was just a publicity stunt, not a true story. That being said, I’d like to keep my bladder under control, so I will not be seeing the movie anytime soon.

It probably wouldn’t be your bladder, so much as your heart rate. I felt like I was going to have a heart-attack.

I dont watch CRAP!

All the people I know who’ve seen it say it’s a shitty, shitty movie. If 13 people tell me it’s a shitty movie then I’ll be fucked up the ass before I waste my time watching a piece of shit remake.

I’m saying those 13 are wrong. Maybe they saw the first one or something. I haven’t seen it, and none of the peopole I saw it with had either, and 5 out of 9 of them said it was the scariest they had ever seen. 3 out of 9 said it makes the top 5. 1 out of 9-I think he’s immune to film horor or something.

What is it about? A haunted house?

Jango… Come sit on papas lap. :slight_smile:

“13”? Ooooh…

Ninten:cool:

People said the same thing about the Blair Witch Project when it came out, and all that movie accomplished was getting me motion sick and having the stupidest ending ever.

I saw the first one. It didn’t really scare me much. But then, I was watching it in a crowded classroom filled with noisy, stupid teenagers. When I watched it on my own it was a bit scarier, but still, nothing to fuss over.

Then again, I don’t find myself afraid by horror much anymore. There’s the rare game or two, like Fatal Frame, but other that that, there’s just not a lot that scares me.

I don’t like scary movies much, but scary games on the other hand…

Try the Lurking Horror. Creepiest thing I ever played, and it doesn’t even have graphics…

Did anyone besides me think that the movie was like…funny? Like funny as hell? I laughed my ass off the whole time :stuck_out_tongue:

Needless to say, no, the movie really isn’t that scary.

What the hell is wrong with you people?

I dunno, I laugh through a lot of things.

What’s the true story?

that the house was possessed and one of the daughters saw a demonic flying pig. Did that ever get into the movie, by the way?

I believe that a family was massacred in the house (by one of the sons) and thus, we have the grounds for a haunting. A new family moved in, during the 70’s (?) and made up a bunch of bull that it was an evil house, full of blood oozing walls, and flies, and that the basement led into hell, and all of that jazz. They got a lot of publicity out of it, although strangely, the family that lives there now, has not heard a peep.

edit:http://www.crimelibrary.com/classics3/amityville/ <----the killings

I’m a chicken, and my mom said the original movie scared her so that’s one movie that’s not on my must see list.

Dude. There’s people actually living in that house right now?

Of course, and strangely enough, they haven’t complained about spooks :open_mouth: