American Wedding

Despite how bad this movie looked in previews, the movie was really funny.

However, the most exciting event of the evening was not the movie.

You see, I got to see American Wedding 1.5 times yesterday: half way during the movie the first time, the fire alarm goes off. So we’re being sheeped out around 7:15-7:30 when the movie starts at about 6:30-6:45. Fire trucks come, we stand in the parking lot til about 8:00 when we go get some food. They gave us these little re admit passes in exchange for our ticket stubs where we got into a movie for free - but we had to use it to get back into the movie we already paid for or buy new tickets, so that was a bummer. Oddly enough, we tried to scope out the parking lot and find some left over ticket stubs to get more re admit passes, but we couldn’t find any but one (which we gave to a friend of ours who had tossed her ticket stub).

Interesting night to say the least. At least the movie was good.

That woulda been fun. ^^ Did someone run in yelling FIRE FIRE FIRE!? And so on? Or anything? Or did it just kind of happen… I hope someone yelled. >> I’ll be seeing the movie soon too. :slight_smile: Hopefully something like that’ll happen to me too!

Well my mom saw it, she said it was ok. She said that the movie revolved around Stifler a lot, whom she doesn’t like as much. but meh.

Originally posted by Ramza
That woulda been fun. ^^ Did someone run in yelling FIRE FIRE FIRE!? And so on? Or anything? Or did it just kind of happen… I hope someone yelled. >> I’ll be seeing the movie soon too. :slight_smile: Hopefully something like that’ll happen to me too!

???

Did I say anybody came in screaming fire? No. Did I say the fire alarm went off? Yes. Did I say we left like sheep (which was supposed to imply that we were herded out)? Yes, I did. Did you apparently read what I wrote? No.

Edit: I noticed that I said “Fire alarm went out” instead of off, so I changed that. But there still shouldn’t have been any confusion.

Noooo. But that’d be cool anyways! :yipee: Woo! Imagination take flight! :runaway: >_> Ahem. Excuse me. How is the theatre? Like, damage wise?

Actually, they think some goofball just pulled the fire alarm, or perhaps a short in the system, but there was no fire. And just to be safe they kept us out for so long, which was stupid, but whatever.

And in case you didn’t know, running into a movie theatre and shouting fire is illegal. May even be a federal offense.

I see… Well it’s good that there wasn’t any real fire. But, I always thought they’d just get rows of people to leave. How exactly did they “herd” you out? :hmm:

The ushers, you know, told people to walk out, and they did. That’s how they got “herded” out.

I thought it was great, but I do think that some of the characters strayed away from the character that was created in the first two movies. That and they could have somehow explained why Oz was gone instead of just not having him in the movie :stuck_out_tongue:

Yea, Ramza, this isn’t a difficult concept.

Yea, I didn’t really think much of Oz though. The movie was great. Easily the best part of the movie was after finch and kevin find stifler in the closet with jim’s grandmother, and then finch is making fun of him and stifler says something like “fuck you shitbrick” and finch says “Well, I did fuck your mother”.

I haven’t seen it, but it disappoints me Oz is not in it. It looks funny though.

Meh, I don’t really care about Oz, but they should have at least made up some excuse of why he was gone. Something stupid like “Shouldn’t Oz be here?” “Oh, he’s still in Europe with is girlfriend.” How hard would that have been?

I watched the movie for $2 with my mom and my brother in the theater back home. The first scene alone was worth my cheap admission.

I realized that for me, Stifler is a lot like Jay (of Jay and Silent Bob fame) - I can only handle him in highly controlled amounts.

I went in knowing which characters wouldn’t be around, but I thought that they should have at least said something to explain. I did like the “to the next step” toast… lol.

And in case you didn’t know, running into a movie theatre and shouting fire is illegal. May even be a federal offense.

Darn…now i can’t use ignorance as an excuse…

Originally posted by Devillion
Darn…now i can’t use ignorance as an excuse…

lol, ignorance is never an excuse under the law.

Insanity on the other hand…

I am the happiest man in the world…

I’ve only watched the first American Pie and only paid a bit of attention to it. I only saw the second half of American Pie 2.

The only reason I thought to watch the third one was the Band Geek.

I was right…and wrong, and I’m going to see it again this Friday. :moogle:

And I’m sorry Vicki, but the Stiff-meister 0wnz. Always takin’ one for the team.

Well, it’s not like he was taking one for the team, there…

Hey now, he boned grandma. Not that he did it on purpose, but he ended UP taking one for the team ;p