After a short study on panels in U.SaGa

The truth is I have no answer to that.

:wave: Jeje, no prob! You are the biggest help in this forum!

I might be getting a PS2 soon. (Star Ocean 3… :booster: ) If I do, I probably want to get this game. That said, is there somewhere online I can look at what each character looks like in-game (not just the mains but everybody)?

PS What game is the boards’ “Dancer” emote from?

http://www.naimoka.com/

Click to go to the main page. Clicke Autres then clicke the image that says Yusuke Naora then click Galeries d’Artworks then Unlimited SaGa of course the characters are under Persos. The site should have plenty of character artwork for video games in general.

I have involved a little with the magic in Unlimited Saga. What is the perfect configuration for a magic user? I have Ventus like a balanced streng/magic character, Tiffon like a balanced skill/magic character and Vearst like a magic user. Can you help me?

Ei! How can I cast a spell in the field? I want to detect gold, but I don’t know how to cast spells in non-combat mode… :hyperven:

To cast a spell on the field is a simple case of this. First choose skill. Second high light the object you want to use the spell on with left or right. Usually it is either the left object the area or a treasure chest. Third select the character to use the spell with L1/R1 as in someone who knows it. Fourth choose an object to cast the spell with. Ie if you are trying to use detect gold, it should be an object with metal arts. Select the object then select the spell and you are done.

As for character set ups it depends. If you want to rely on only familiars, rely on tablet learned spells or both. Familiar only has the advantage of being free to cast as in no durability. Plus you don’t have to wait to learn the spells. However at most you will only have fifteen spells to use and they take up spots on your grid. Tablet Spells have the advantage of giving you a good variety of spells to use. Many you can’t find on a familiars. And they don’t have to be kept on your grid once you learn the spells off them. However learning the spells can take awhile. Being both a tablet and familiar mage is the best and worst of both worlds. But please not having both a tablet and familiar mage is much easier when the said person will be a mage only and won’t use weapons or martial arts. In any case let’s get started

For Ventus you should give him this set up

Top Left and Top Right: Joint bonus of kick and punch.

Middle: Make this a line bonus of familiars if you plan to just use familiars. If you plan to use tablet spells only then make this a line bonus of key panels for the bonus to earth.

Bottom left: For a tablet mage ventus this should be the spot where the magic tablet goes or a panel good at raising your magic stat above anything else. For a familiar mage ventus this should be the replacement panel spot.

Bottom Right: If Ventus will be a familiar mage then place either a sword, axe or spear panel here. If Ventus will be a tablet mage then this is the replacement panel spot.

Familiar Mage Ventus will be trying to learn level 4 techs towards either sword, axe or spear. Depends on what panel you get first I suppose. Tablet Mage Ventus will instead be trying to learn level 4 martial arts techs. Ie mainly kick and punch techs since that is the ones he will have access to.

Of course tablet/familiar mage Ventus will be a much harder set up. But then this is always the hardest part.

Top left, middle, and bottom right: A line bonus of melee. Of the level 4 variety hopefully.

Top Right: It should be Axe, Sword, or Spear. As your weapon of choice.

Middle right: Make this an earth familiar level 3 at least if possible.

Middle Left: This should be for your magic tablet or a panel good at raising your endurance stat.

Bottom Left: This should be your replacement panel or whatever panels helps your magic the most.

This Ventus will rely on the earth familiar for his free spells, the use of either a sword, axe or spear as his main weapon while learning spells on the side.

In the case of Vearst this is going to be tough. Because you are using him as a mage it can be good to use both familiars and tablet spells. Plus it would be good to have him take advantage of magic blender. Of course the problem is getting it. Of course since you are in Ventus’ quest you have unlimited quests to do due to deliveries. In other quests the way to get magic blender is redo a quest or hope to get it along the way.

If you luck out with magic blender then your set up for Vearst should be this

Top Left and Top Right: Magic Blender and hopefully a Magic Tablet panel of the same level.

Middle left, middle and middle right: Either a line bonus of familiars or a line bonus of map panels your choice.

Bottom left: If you have no magic tablet this is your replacement panel spot, but bias it toward magic. If you have a panel to put down then put it down here.

Bottom Right: A panel good for raising spirit and this is also your replacement panel spot if you have a magic tablet.

This version of Vearst should place level 1-2 tablets in the bottom left spot. And just go ahead and get them over with. Do some side quest, try to learn spells, repeat the side quest until you run out of turns and then it again. Level 3-4 tablets should go in the top right spot or top left spot depending on which is already taken by another level 3-4 tablet or magic blender.

Now of course access to magic blender is not too realistic. So this is a much more realistic set up for Vearst.

Top Right and Middle Right: Two familiars. Make sure one is water of course.

Bottom Left and Bottom Right: Two map panels. Try to for the type that seems to help raise your spirit and magic more. Ie compare map panels if you get new ones. The purpose here is also for the bonus to water and endurance.

Top Left: This is your replacement panel spot

Middle Left: This is for whatever can help endurance

Middle: Put your magic tablet here.

This Vearst should be a lot more realistic for most. Simply learn spells, use your familiars and be on your way.

Because of Tiffon’s phobia panel. It’s going to be harder to set her up. First just completely forget about making her anything, but a familiar mage. I do not really recommeand making her a tablet mage at all.

Top Left and Middle Left: This is easy. Two familiar panels. Make sure one is water.

Top Right and Middle Right: Punch and Kick. Your skill will rise decently because of this and the bonus to endurance will be nice too.

Bottom Left: Replacement panel or a panel biased toward magic.

Bottom Right: Place a dagger or bow panel here. No idea how good with bow she is, but she does learn bloody mary with daggers for me

middle panel: Get rid of undead phobia and replace it with another phobia. In both quests she is in the major last bosses are undead. So get rid of it.

Tiffon will rely on spells from the fire familiar and whatever other familiar you give her. She will also be ready to use her dagger. This is the best bet for her and it’s actually how I used her last time. Worked great.

It’s amazing! How can you be a sage about Unlimited saga? You have answer for almost all questions! Thanks! It’s for you that I can enjoy this game! I haven’t played it since my girlfriend give it to me… almost one year ago!

Heh the thing is I play the game too much and most of it isn’t that complex as it would first seem. It’s a simple matter of making choices. Plus trust me there are people who know a lot more than I do about the game.

I have finished the “dancer searching his boyfriend’s body in the undead cave” (one of my favourites plots) and I have found the spirit bow. What should I do with it? Sell it? Reforgeit? What do you say?

What is the best defender object? a dagger with parry skill or a shield without the shield skill?

First I have no idea which is best. Dagger, Sword, Staff or Shield for blocking attacks. Although I think shields can block a few things the other three can’t. Second as for what to do with the Spirit Bow. Well I have to double check on that. I don’t really use it much so I’d say perhaps reforge it or sell it. But ah well.