Aerith is evil!

According to this, anyway.

Personally, I think it’s just a load of … apophenia. The author of this article is reading a bit too much into a mediocre (this is me, being hugely cynical) video game – I assume they needed some contrivance to get Aerith to join your party, while the minigame is just a case of “hay, lets put a minigame heer!” – and reading way too much into a bad movie (I cannot imagine that the creators of Advent Children put more thought into it than “Hmm, we need Cloud to be less effective so he’ll have to run away … Oh, I know, let’s have Aerith randomly appear and distract him! That’ll be cool!” and “Then Cloud uses Omnislash II and beats Sephiroth! It’ll be AWESOME! And look even less realistic than the ridiculously-low-resolution model in the original FF7! Gimme more sugar!”).

EDIT: Also the “Assume, for a moment, that everything you know about Aerith is false” bit. In other words: “Forget everything that points away from my theory. Look only at that which seems to support it.”

Sadly chances are someone at Squeenix is going to see this and say “Hey that sounds like a pretty good idea! Let’s make this into the big plot twist for our next FFVII spinoff.” Thus FFVII: VotC (Vengeance of the Cetra) will be wrought onto the world, and Squeeinx will make another couple of easy million from their fans rabid for the next piece of fetid compost.

Provided of course that this wasn’t written by someone at Squeenix to begin with.

Geesh. I’ve had it up to here with ridiculous FF7 theories already. I’m not even going to bother reading this. What people don’t realize is that there is no “truth” in media; there’s only whatever the directors/creators had in mind, and it’s patently obvious that Aerith was never meant to be evil, or there would have been some hint to it somewhere rather than a silly conflation of circumstances which may possibly be taken in the wrong light to point to that conclusion.

I do have to admire Squeenix (or back then, just Square). They’ve somehow created a story where people are still, after more than ten years, posting new theories about the death of Aeris, the origin of Sephiroth, etc. etc.

This one is just stupid though. The most controversial death in videogame history? How the hell is it controversial?

SHE’S NOT DEAD! BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Like that.

To be honest, I still stand by my belief that FFVII had a fairly good story with a less-than-stellar presentation that got blown horrendously out of proportion by how popular the game became thanks to it’s novelty. Throw in obsessive compulsive fanboys who just won’t drop it even after years and VOILÁ!

I got my copy of the game, but it’s still not my best rated. It is a groundbreaker, but not story-wise. The story is what compells the game to go on.

But back on topic. Aerith is either evil, or has clumsily bad timing.

Originally Posted by Seraphim Ephyon
To be honest, I still stand by my belief that FFVII had a fairly good story with a less-than-stellar presentation that got blown horrendously out of proportion by how popular the game became thanks to it’s novelty. Throw in obsessive compulsive fanboys who just won’t drop it even after years and VOILÁ!

When you put it that way it does make Aerith sound rather evil.

As a woman, she’s compelled to be both.

Been listening a bit too much to Black Sabbath, Trk?

She’s evil because she can’t rest in peace, rising from the grave like a zombie to terrorise innocent people with theories of resurrection, love triangles, fanfic and crappy sequels/spin-offs.

-“You know what’d be radical? Taking a good character and, pay attention now, showing she’s evil!”
-“Dude, that’s genius!”

Aeris is evil because she was my favorite character and died halfway through the game. And mostly because of this, I hated FF7.

you’ve got some pretty aweome logic there, lockejv

She was also the only playable character in the game that wasn’t Cloud on weak sauce.

Limit Breaks that can paralyze enemies that are normally immune to being paralyzed, grant other characters the ability to use their Limit Breaks, and granting a shitload of positive status effects like full health, normalized status, and full immunity to any attack for a couple of turns.

Yeah how could any of these Limit Breaks be worth a damn when you are able to attack 12 times in a row for about 2000 HPs worth of damage per blow?

I know. I should write a book about it.

All I don’t understand is how she got out of the kitchen to help the party in the first place.

EDIT: Or the way I chose to punctuate that sentence the first time around. All this talk of women is making me illiterate.

Hahaha. Yeah, she’s evil cause she guilt-tripped Cloud to the point of insanity :stuck_out_tongue: