Advice/pity needed

Well, almost 24 years of genetic heritage has finally caught up with me- my bald spot has grown from a tiny inconvenience into something half the size of Liverpool. :frowning: So question then- see poll for choices.

I feel no pity for you. Iā€™m 26 and all Iā€™m going to say is Iā€™m lucky Iā€™m Jewish - yarmulkes cover quite a lot. Not only do I have very little hair in the middle of my head, Iā€™m blessed with a severely receding hairline as well. So stop kvetching. 8p

Thanks to my wonderful genetic heritage, my hairline has already begun receding at the untimely age of nineteen. Well, it hasnā€™t actually started receding yet, but the hair in the front is a lot less populous than before so itā€™s just a matter of time. Should be a year or two until I start getting white hairs too.

Is there an actual treatment for this stuff or are the TV advertisements just the same as ā€œnaturalā€ medicine and all that crap?

I pity you foo! j/k

The pic isnā€™t too clear but Iā€™d suggest either going for skin or finding a talented hairdresser. I once saw a 50 y/o man benefiting from a successful makeover in a really striking way.

Iā€™m having trouble comprehending the picture properly. Iā€™d say maybe try for short hair.

Long luxurious hippy hair runs in my family.

I suffered from early baldness as well. At 40, Iā€™m the youngest of my brothers but also the oldest-looking one due to bald spots AND a receding hairline.

Fortunately, I never cared much for my appearance. Would it be better if I had hair? Yeah, and if I had the $$$ for a hair transplant I might go for it. But then, if I had that kind of money I might choose to go Las Vegas instead. :stuck_out_tongue: It doesnā€™t worry me much.

So, unless you want to spend the money in treatments, Iā€™d advice you to get used to it. Heck, get OTHER people used to it, by cutting your hair as short as possible- possibly in creative ways like Rigmarole said- those artistic rapper cuts seem to be ā€œinā€ these days. Oh, and start wearing hats. Not to hide it, but because getting sunburns on the head is a bitch.

Thatā€™s about when I started as well. Luckily it seems to recede in spurts. It stopped until when I was 22 or 23 when the corners of my hairline started receding. I think itā€™s using a Pincerā€™s movement to eliminate my hair.

Neb, I think you should either shave it bald or buzz it.

I donā€™t even have a bald spot and briefly went skin (the totality of ignorant people assuming you are a nazi because the Oi! Skinhead movement and organizations such as SHARPand RASH donā€™t get any publicity and nazi skinheads get Fuck-All publicity is irritating, I will give that warning.), and hats are stylish regardless of the amount of hair one has. Either is an acceptable conclusion.

Well, my decision is made. The great thing is, itā€™s summer coming up so people will at least see me crossing the road. :slight_smile:

Looks good.

Just wait. Hopefully within the next ten years geneticists will create a cure for baldness.

That looks pretty good, Neb.

Thanks for the positive feedback on the Picard look. :slight_smile: Reckon if I keep it buzzed every 2 weeks it shouldnā€™t get too conspicuous. Also got myself a hat today for the summer months- best Ā£1.50 (less than US$3) I ever spent. :slight_smile:

Lookinā€™ good, cueball. Fancy a polish?

You actually look pretty badass with the chrome dome, Neb. Iā€™m likely going to be in the same boat before I hit 30, but I dunno how Iā€™d look bald. The trouble is that I kind of need the hair on the side of my head, otherwise too much attention gets drawn to the way my ears stick out. Maybe a buzz cut would be a happy medium.

Not bad. Thereā€™s not many people who can pull off the bald look.

Donā€™t think Iā€™ll have the issue for a long time meself but, when or if I do Iā€™m well prepared with like 8 hats I could wear :stuck_out_tongue:

Live a less stresful life, and get that treatment where they transplant hair from your armpits to your head.

edit: you look like that guy from Lost who can talk to the island now. Really badass!

Not bad, dudeā€¦way better than a toupee. :slight_smile:

Neb, a tophat and monocle will solve all your problems.