Adventures in Food Town, Take 2.

If anyone has heard from me a while back, they’d know about the fucked up supermarket my mother works at.

WEll I have more to add now.

In the deli freezer, there was some pretty old meat. Now the deli manager was told to let one of the store managers (I’ll call him E.) to inspect any meat that lies in question.

Fair enough… but it ended up forgotten. The meat was there when my mom STARTED.

Later on, (Last night, as of this writing) E demands the meat to be taken out. Now it’s gotten pretty rancid.

Now logic says that if it’s slimy and smells bad, you throw it out, right?

Not our intrepid manager. He tells the produce girl to wash it up, slice it, and prepare it for sale. He also tells her nto to let my mom know about this.

Well she tells my mom. Mom ends up in a SERIOUS fit and throws the shit out.

Now, normally I could chalk this up to little food experience (He apparently was a manager in a GM plant), but late events and the fact that he told the produce girl not to tell my mom makes me think that he knows exactly what he’s pulling.

My mom has said that if she sees the meat again, she’s calling the authorities. Not to E though. She did tell the deli manager about it though.

One wonders… apparently the deli manager asked another of the store managers to get rid of some bad chicken. And it ended up in the mant department’s freezer.

This is stuff that can make people seriously sick or kill them. Ate the managers TRYING to get the place shut down?

One wonders…

Sounds to me like he’s trying to save as much money from throwing out bad meat as humanly possible. Which is, as far as he’s bringing it, foolish and very dangerous. I hope he gets what he deserves from this. -_-

Sorry, but this kinda sounds not very believable.(meh, I’ve had plenty of runnings-into with liars in my experience on the internet, don’t take it personal :P)
Oh well, if it’s for real, I hope he gets a nice wake-up call.

I can’t even begin to understand why people would act so stupidly.

Originally posted by Steve
Sorry, but this kinda sounds not very believable.(meh, I’ve had plenty of runnings-into with liars in my experience on the internet, don’t take it personal :P)
Oh well, if it’s for real, I hope he gets a nice wake-up call.

Nah, that’s your perogative, hell, my mom could me lying to us and her manager. But apparently her manager has had too much experience with thme, so I’d expecter her to believe my mother.

if it weren’t fo comon sense, I’d make some sorta reference to Pentex from the Werewolf: the Apocalypse games. This seems really horrible.

That’s just disgusting, is that psycho trying to spread bacteria all over Michigan? O_o

E. Coli?

Michigan :hahaha; :hahaha; …wait a minute I live in michigan o noooooooo Im gonna die AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.:thud:

Ok well it sounds like this serously needs a beating so heres what I purpose your mom takes some of this bad meat and beats him over the head with it.

Profit Good. Having to Conform to Health Regulations Bad.

Can’t you see how our big and bloated goverment is stifling the entrepenurial spirit of this struggling business man?

Why, those damn librals are choking our economy to death!

The Invisible Hand that guides the free market will take care of everything. If people are dissatisfied with his rancid meat product, then the consumers who don’t die from bacterial poisoning will put the guy out of business by not buying his products anymore once they’re done puking up the rancid meat as well as half of their intestinal tract (we’ve got about 25 feet of the stuff in there, in that tiny space, surely we don’t need it all…?)

[/satire]

I hope that guy is not only fired but exposed to public humiliation. I hope every local newscast runs a graphic of his face with “tried to sell rancid meat” as a caption underneath.

Just sick. Thats all I can say here.

Originally posted by Gilgamesh
Just sick. Thats all I can say here.