About FF4

There’s something about FF4 that I never found out… You know the Phantom World (the city of monsters in the underworld) well when you’re in the city, you always see the level below as background… how to you get to the last level, where you see 4 chests? (Below the level where you fight Ashura/Leviathan)?

FFC?

Theres a teleporter somewhere on that level, I think it’s invisible or looks like a faint black box. It’s in a corner somewhere, just walk around until you find it.

Are you sure about this?

It’s a little outcropping on the “last” floor of the Land of the Summoned Monsters. In it are an Elixer, a Samurai Bow, and some Samurai Arrows.

yeah but that doesn’t tell me how to get there…?

Okay, it’s somewhwere in between the Weapon and the Armor stoer. Tat’s all I can say for now.

Wow… still nothing…

I’m trying really hard to remember where the warp tile is, since I keep forgetting its exact location and I have to wander until I stumble upon it. I do think that maybe it’s in the very lower right corner of one floor of the village, and it’s shaded differently from the other tiles that look like it.

Just try walking over every possible tile. Might take a while, but you’ll eventually get there.

Don’t forget to collect the rat tail. It’ll be useful later.

BTW, there are some chests I could never get even close to them in that moon cave. And then when I tried emulating it and playing the whole game to the end, turning off some layers wouldn’t show any hidden path to the chests. Can someone enlighten me?

Right before where everything becomes crystal? The paths ARE invisible, period. Try walking through the walls. I thikn there’s one on a set of stair sthat leads to the Crystal Sword.

And as far as the Teleporter in the Phantom World goes, yeah, there i a tile that teleports you, I think it looks a slight bit differetnt than the rest, on the very bottom level.

Originally posted by StarStorm
Right before where everything becomes crystal? The paths ARE invisible, period. Try walking through the walls. I thikn there’s one on a set of stair sthat leads to the Crystal Sword.

Yep, right before the Crystal World. The paths are invisible but they can be made visible in the emulator, you know. And even so, if i remember well, they weren’t really invisible, if you turned your TV’s contrast to the highest levels it would even be outlined.

Anyway, i tried entering every wall and it didn’t work. Yes, I checked and took nots of every tile.

The teleporter you’re looking for is in the shadow of a building, I believe, Kentar. I never could find it myself (five years, countless play-throughs) until people 'round these parts told me where it was.

Yeah, I’ve been playing this game for ten years now… and I just found how to get these chests :stuck_out_tongue:

that was the only thing I didn’t get in the game so far… lol

If you can send me a savestate, I can put you right in front of it.

BTW, why isn’t this thread in the Gaming Help Forum?

Because I’m an idiot :moogle:

Well, the important thing is that you can admit it.

Yeah, it should be there…

But…

I, for one, find it kinda nice to find an RPG gameplay related topic on the main forum of an RPG dedicated website now and then. [And let’s face it: it’s more likely to be seen and get a useful reply on the Main Forum than anywhere else]

Lemme bask in the glow for a little while longer before we move it on over to its proper folder, will ya?