AARRRRRrrRRRrRRRRRRgggGGGHHHH!!!!

… is my reaction to the fact that my copy of Guilty Gear X (for PC) keeps crashing on me instead of going to the Continue countdown. I was at fricking Testament for Bob’s sake, and THIS CLOSE to beating the game, BUT NO! The “advanced” options seem to merely consist of how many frames to skip, the only other options available are keyboard/gamepad configuration, and when I try to click on “DirectX setup” I get an error message: “Microsoft DirectX 8.0 Setup: This program is not designed for use on Windows NT. Press OK to exit.” Anyone have any suggestions or other stuff?

Not too sure on the error itself, but have you installed the latest patch (this is the PC version as you say, so there may well be one)

Run it with Windows 98 compability settings?

Steve: There does not appear to be a process for patching.
Nul: How do I do that?

What OS are You running? It may be OS if it is NT 4. (Why are you playing a fighter game on it?)

I hope you have tryed these:

the Sites of the Makers.

Installing Direct X 9 from the Mircosoft Site. (You will need to be online since there is not a large Downloadable file for offline installation)

Check your hardware settings (I had Quite good fum with my GF/X card before between Aug to Oct).

Buy the PS2 or GBA versions? (OK abit lame but may be cheaper than having replace your PC)

Big Nutter
I’ve not played it myself on any console

Windows XP. Same as it was the LAST time I played it. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Why are you playing a fighter game on it?)
Why NOT play a fighter game on it?

the Sites of the Makers.
The Sammy Studios web page has nothing on Guilty Gear X, and the CyberFront web page does not appear to have an English version.

Installing Direct X 9 from the Mircosoft Site. (You will need to be online since there is not a large Downloadable file for offline installation)
I have DirectX 9. Which is why it works at all.

Check your hardware settings (I had Quite good fum with my GF/X card before between Aug to Oct).
Check them for what precisely?

Buy the PS2 or GBA versions? (OK abit lame but may be cheaper than having replace your PC)
I got the PC version so I wouldn’t have to get the PS2 version, and the GBA version is, in a word, shit. :slight_smile:

Right Click - Properties - Compability.

And Nul’s suggestion worked. This thread can die happy now. ^____^

Oh, how video games can crap up…

Disasteriffic!

Psst. That means “we can stop posting in this thread now.”

I to lazy to read posts, but…okay.