A Seperate Peace Passage analysis

I’m doing a passge analysis on the book,:A seperate peace and its due monday. Has anyone read the book?

I need some help if anyone has read this book.

Passage:
phineas, Not of the tree and the

As I had to do when ever I glimpsed the river I thought Of phineas, Not of the tree and pain, but one of his his favorite tricks, Phineas in exaltation, balancing on one foot on the prow of a canoe like a river god, his raised arms invoking the air to support him, face transfigured, body a conplex set of balances abd conpensations, each muscle aligned in perfection with others to maintain the supreme fantasy of achievement, his skin glowing from the immersiona, his whole body hangin between river and sky as though he had tranceded gravity and might by gently pushing upward with his foot glide a little way higher and remain suspended in peace, encompassing all of the summer and offering it to the sky.

Then an infinitestimal veering of the canoe and the line of his body would break, the soaring arms collapse, up shoot an uncontrolable leg, and Phineas would tumble into the water roaring in rage.

I stopped in the middle of this hurrying day to remember him like that and then feeling refreashed, I went to the Crew house beside the tidewater river below the dam.

end.

I’m having problems with the third question and any help would be greatly appriciated.

3.) Which character is the focus of the passage? What thoughts, feelings, and conflicts involving this character does Knowles reveal?

^^ I got confused.