A quest for redemption

…okay, so not really. I’d just like to vent about something that happened today that I feel HORRIBLE about…and hopefully y’all can offer suggestions on how I can overcome it and be a better person.

So I live a pretty sheltered life, right. I’ve never been left wanting for anything basically (beyond the BUT MOOOOM PLEASE CAN I HAVE IT) when I grew up, so poverty and all that it entails is pretty foreign to me. Today, after coming out of the bank after doing a withdrawl, a homeless man (I assume) dashed up to me and cornered me asking for some spare change so he can get something to eat.

Now I did the thing that I always critisize other people of doing- I bowed my head, mumbled a half hearted no (with 40 dollars in my hand) and walked quickly to the car. I admit that I was frightened of the possibility of him touching me since he inched me pretty close to the wall, but I seriously doubt he would have harmed me in any way. Still you know, see a tattered looking stranger and most likely one would think suspiciously.

But ever since, I’ve been feeling really guilty. If only I took a moment and reached into my pocket and gave him what I had. I’m a big hypocrite basically, the first time being thrust into such a situation and I panick and do what I’ve always said I wouldn’t do.

Was I wrong…? It pretty much ruined my day, and I would like to get it off my chest by doing something nice in return for someone. I’m generally very pleasant to everyone I come into contact with, but I’d like to do something extra special. It’s sad that I’m motivating myself into doing this to appease my guilt but I have been thinking about what I can do to alleviate the suffering in someone’s life, who is less fortunate than me…I just don’t know what I can do to help, so it’s like, I just put it off and put it off…

Help me out here guys.

Go back and give him sexual favors.

>.>

Just learn from your mistakes and move on, that’s really all you can do.
Unless you wanna go back and give him <strike>head</strike> some money.

Never carry cash.

Just walk up to him in a skimpy ms.clause suit, tell him to whip it out and give him a long, sloppy blowjob. When you’re done, stand up, say Merry Christmas, flash him some ass and walk away.

No you have nothing to feel bad about. He is where he is for choices he has made and therefore it is his responsibility. If he was weak and he continues to be weak then that is something he must live with. It isn’t your job to give parasites the little lifeblood they need to avoid being put out of their misery. I see bums every day in Montreal and I couldn’t care less. I had one try to get me to offer him something as I was eating a slice of pizza not too long ago. Is it selfish of me not to give him anything as I eat a slice of pizza and he wants some cash to eat? Sure it is. Is that wrong? No it isn’t. He can earn his slice of pizza like I earned the money to buy it and enjoy it. In fact, I quite resented having him ask for something as I was eating as he has no right to be in the eating establishment and it was highly inapropriate for him to do so. Its called harassment. I have no pity for the weak.

What makes it so that I should give any of my money or food to one worthless parasite over another if I so happen to walk by them? Their situation in no way makes it so that they are entitled to anything because there are so many others that are just the same.

If you want to feel bad about something, think about the spoiled attitude I’ve so not-subtley critiqued in previous threads.

I give them money if they tell a joke or do a trick. One guy told me a joke once, and the punchline was “boo-bees” I can’t remember the first part, but I just wish I had more change that day.

You should totally gas em on sight. You’re probably morally superior to them anway.

Listen to Darth Sinistral, everyone.

I vote for this, as it gives me an uncontrollable erection every time i think about it.

Well you did what anyone else would have probably done, so does that make you less human?

Being a hypocrite isnt that bad, I mean sure people will hate you, and dont want anything to do with you, but its not all that bad.

Helping people only makes them weaker because they fail to achieve the strength to overcome their challenges.

beats the crap out of the next bum he comes across, steals his money

To honest I’m in Three minds… (It’s not 25th, but this I think spirtes Helps here)

The Bible and some other Holy Books Say that we should “help those in need.” There are several mentaties, we have when we help. The feel-good mentaitly is most oftern when we give, may be a double edge sword.

I heard some time ago (unrealiable source, though), one London begger obtaining hundrends of Pounds in one day. Enough to have a house in France and a Land Rover. Be Wary of Con-mem, for they will cheat you out of your money.

I am not really intested what you give where, when and how. Here is a few word from the Bible, that mean I not really intrested how much you give. The best thing I will say is Tithes (a regular giving to your church, tradiotnally 10%), if you beleve in the Bible.

2 Corinthians 9:7
You must each make up your own mind as to how much you should give. Don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. For God loves the person who gives cheerfully.

Matthew 6
Teaching about Giving to the Needy
1"Take care! Don’t do your good deeds publicly, to be admired, because then you will lose the reward from your Father in heaven. 2When you give a gift to someone in need, don’t shout about it as the hypocrites do–blowing trumpets in the synagogues and streets to call attention to their acts of charity! I assure you, they have received all the reward they will ever get. 3But when you give to someone, don’t tell your left hand what your right hand is doing. 4Give your gifts in secret, and your Father, who knows all secrets, will reward you.

Big Nutter
I wonder what is Cid and Cless’ view on this…

Yes, that is the ANSWER. I will destroy all bums from the earth. Those who survive, get to live.

You could be the reincarnation of Andrew Carnegie! :o

I second 984’s idea along with Steve’s comment.

lol penis

Eva: Smile at people! See if they smile back

God bless you sir. :smiley:

Give these people money they’ll be begging for the rest of their lives. Deny them money, they’ll be forced to take matters into their own hands. This will involve:

a) theft, whereupon they’ll be caught and punished and therefore no longer society’s problem
b) shrivel away and die, see above
c) actually go along to a shelter or somewhere and try to rebuild their lives and give something back to the community.

Don’t feel even the slightest bit guilty. You were doing him a favour. It’s not your fault he is where he is today.